Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Programing Mouse Wheel  (Read 3306 times)

02bin3

Programing Mouse Wheel
« on: August 02, 2015, 09:15:13 AM »
I dropped my Logitech Mouse that I've had for years and ever since it won't respond to the DELETE command when I depress the wheel.  This is controlled by Logitech's program SetPoint.  I've asked computer people in Staples & Best Buy which is the best Logitech Mouse to buy that only has L, R & wheel buttons, that is programmable with SetPoint.  I do not need a gaming mouse, just a 3 button mouse will do the job.  However, none of them knew.  So, I contacted Logitech, explained to them what I wanted and to recommend which of their inexpensive mice would do the trick.  So far, no answer.  So, I am wondering if any of you out there know of a particular Logitech mouse model that allows you to program the wheel without spending a ridiculous amount of money.  Anything over $25 for a Mouse I consider ridiculous.  Thank you    :)

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Programing Mouse Wheel
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 09:52:25 AM »
I am not aware of a model with that feature that works within that budget of $25. I am thinking you will need to spend more to get what you need. However one option would be to search amazon or ebay to try to find the exact same model you have for sale used in working condition. Maybe if one could be found there it would be below the $25 budget with shipping included.

I have had good luck on amazon for computer parts. I was looking for a specific keyboard that I liked that came with HP/Compaq computers and found a guy selling 20 of them for $50. While I didn't need 20 keyboards, and wasn't planning on spending $50 with free shipping on them, I figured I now have a lifetime supply of keyboards that I like the feel of and they were all brand new still in HP OEM boxes. I still have 17 of them left in boxes like new. I used one of them right away to swap out the 8 year old keyboard that was worn badly and had a intermittent space bar, and my wife I gave one of them to and the cat barfed on it and I didn't bother cleaning that and I gave her a new one and tossed the cat barf keyboard out.  ::)

02bin3

Re: Programing Mouse Wheel
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 09:59:00 AM »
Thanks for the tip with Amazon.  Hadn't thought of that.  I know what you mean about keyboards.  The one I have I've been using through 4 desktop computers.  Hate to give it up because the new ones are not made as well nor do they have the "touch" this one has. :)