Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help Me Please!!!  (Read 7579 times)

Ronnie Vaughn

Help Me Please!!!
« on: July 26, 2004, 10:35:32 AM »
OK, I've got this problem that is occuring on my computer. I don't know exactly what is causing it or how to fix it so I was hoping maybe someone on here could help.  ???
I think this may come from a virus my son got on there possibly from Kazza?? But anyway, when I turn the computer on, it goes through it's regular start up and when it looks like it's ready to go to my desktop and windows is about to start, it all of a sudden goes to this black screen saying something about checking my manual for hard drive configuration or running an anti-virus or a :chkdsk of some sort. It doesn't go any further so I can't run an anti-virus or anything because that is all on my computer. It seems as though I may have to do something in dos mode? Or maybe when it is starting up and it gives me the option for "Set Up" - F1. Does anyone know what I can do about this. It happened about 3 months ago and I took it somewhere to get it fixed and cleaned up completely so I'm sure it is fixable because they did it but I don't need it all cleaned up again, I just need to be able to get it to the desktop so I can run my anti-virus?? Any suggestions? Thanks.

robertmillar

Re: Help Me Please!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 01:31:24 PM »
Will it start in Safe mode?

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 03:18:26 AM »
Boot into safe mode and then run an Anti-virus scan.

Ronnie Vaughn

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 06:20:45 AM »
 ??? I tried to start it up in safe mode and it did the same thing? Are there any other suggestions that would possibly fix this.
It was doing this a few months ago then I took it to get wiped clean and the place that I took it to fixed this problem along with cleaning up everything on the computer but this time I don't need it all cleaned up. I think if I can just get on there and remove that Kazza program and run anti-virus, it should be OK.

Ronnie Vaughn

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 06:03:58 AM »
Thanks for trying to help!!! I finally got it fixed by re-installing Windows.

robertmillar

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 12:54:58 PM »
I suggest that you ensure that you have completely removed Kazaa.  Use a programme called Kazaa begone.  You can download it here:

http://www.freedownloads.be/html/downloaddetail.php?down_ID=403