Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why are my tracert results bad and can/should I do something about them?  (Read 3080 times)

verystrengt

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • The typo apocalypse continues...
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Below are screenshots

Plug.dj

computerhope.com

hotmail.com

deredactie.be

ebay.be

facebook.com

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
What is your question?
Ping results can vary widely. For one thing, some sites do not want you to ping.
You can use a speed test to see if you get normal speeds. But this does not take into account network problems along some paths at point in time.

Ping is more important for gaming. You should test your piing with an online game.

As for CH, this site is often very busy and from time to time slows down. But right now I get 90 ms average ante four pings. No lost packets. This is considered normal for CH.

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
What are you saying is wrong with them, those look fine to me.  If you are referring to the ones that say "Request timed out" - Don't worry about it, some routers are set up not to respond to pings and therefore will cause that in your traceroute.

verystrengt

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • The typo apocalypse continues...
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
The reason i'm doing these tests is because multiple websites just don't load or only half.
If I go to my other house they load very fast.