Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Troubleshooting the Error  (Read 3059 times)

Sanddy1911

Topic Starter

• Experience: Expert
    Troubleshooting the Error
    « on: August 01, 2015, 01:29:41 PM »
    Ok  last day accidentally I spoil some water on my laptop and after that my laptop is not starting. Actually the fan starts when I press the power button but noting shows on the display not even bios. So I'm little confused, what the problem can be is it the motherboard or the processor. I tried the hdd and ram on other laptop and it's working properly so if there any way I can figure out what's the main problem will be really appreciable.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Troubleshooting the Error
    « Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 11:33:53 AM »
    The laptop is probably beyond economical repair. Applying power to wet electronics usually causes additional damage.

If your lucky you could remove the battery from laptop. Let it dry out for a week or so and then install the battery and try again.

99% of the time when power has been applied to wet electronics it causes the electronics to eat its own electrical connections through electrolysis and create crystalized lead, tin, copper oxides which are conductive and cause shorting between signal traces etc.

If you have any important data on the hard drive you might get lucky and be able to install it into an empty external hard drive enclosure case and connect to it from a healthy computer with good virus protection on it  to avoid cross contamination if anything bad was on the laptops drive to not infect the other system.