Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can E-mail Header Show Which Device Sent E-mail?  (Read 4855 times)

neo1234

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Can E-mail Header Show Which Device Sent E-mail?
    « on: June 16, 2014, 05:04:26 PM »
    Is it possible to determine which device sent me an e-mail if the sender of the e-mail uses several devices on a Microsoft Exchange account? Is there something in an e-mail header that would indicate each different device?
     If you don't know the answer to my question is there a website that you would recommend where I can get an answer?

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can E-mail Header Show Which Device Sent E-mail?
    « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 05:17:00 PM »
    It all comes down to what information the mail client puts in the header.  You can usually see what client sent the email so, for example if you are trying to determine between a PC running Microsoft Outlook or a smartphone running its own mail client, you can usually find these clients in the headers to tell them apart.

neo1234

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Can E-mail Header Show Which Device Sent E-mail?
      « Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 08:21:23 AM »
      Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Where in the header would I find this information? I have tried comparing the headers but I can't seem to find anything that indicates one email is from a smartphone, one is from a work pc and one is from a home pc. They are all sending email from Outlook through a work related Microsoft Exchange account.