Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BSODS Every Day  (Read 10566 times)

hatemylife12210

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: BSODS Every Day
    « Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 08:40:08 PM »
    Well if i can afford something better than it i would go for it but i can't, that's why am trying to get help and fix this,  this laptop means much to me it was like a very huge step getting this, my old pc was like 2005 specs, its just precious and it costs over 2k$ , and if i wasn't traveling alot i wouldn't even think of getting a laptop, pc would've been way better, am very sorry if i bothered you guys with this but i really appreciate your help, one last question if this bsods keeps going on, what would happen?

Thank you.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 10:05:51 PM »
    Do you have a job? Do some overtime and leave the computer alone. With the money you make you can get something better.

I am trying to say that you have is a lemon. It happens. Sorry.

For the amount of work you are doing to fix this, you really need to get some help from others. Once a problem PC or laptop is over two years old, there is not much reasonable hope it will ever be 'good as new'. It may have a bad defect due to manufacturing.

What kind of PC do you really need? Something portable? something you can leave on a desktop?

Tablet devices now a re perhaps the best low-cost way of going mobile. The Amazon fire has what most people need in a portable device. At $99 there is nothing like it. It works. It has clued storage.  You can link it to a Bluetooth keyboard.

Or get a used Apple iPad.

Otherwise, you can get a good used desktop for under $99 with a fair warranty.

Don't give up, just dump the lemon.
    And I know what you mean. I have had it happen to me.  :'(

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 04:29:15 AM »
    Okay, if the system works in safe mode it is probably a process (app, driver, service) loading with Windows. This is a lengthy process, but it will help identify the problem:

Open msconfig and on the General tab choose "selective startup" (uncheck all three items) and reboot. Does the problem still occur? If not, start adding items back to msconfig one or two at a time, rebooting after each change, until the problem reappears and you'll have identified the offending process. Again, this is clearly a time consuming procedure, but it is the best way to determine if some process loading with the system is the cause of your problem.

After you've isolated the cause, do not use msconfig to permanently disable the process. Instead, if it is a service go to START - RUN and type: services.msc (then press enter) and disable the service OR, if it a program, you can download & run a dedicated app such as Autoruns (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx) to enable, disable, or otherwise manage startup programs.