Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Crashing/Hanging In Certain games with Buzzing noise  (Read 4549 times)

yungRIGGZ

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Computer Crashing/Hanging In Certain games with Buzzing noise
    « on: October 01, 2015, 09:32:05 PM »
    My computer has been freezing and making a buzzing noise through my headphones for a good time now.I've tried scanning for malaware and viruses, and no luck,my computer is still freezing in some games.Can some one please help me for once,i've been posting everywhere and no one helped me yet.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer Crashing/Hanging In Certain games with Buzzing noise
    « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 10:31:34 PM »
    Sound in the headphone?
    I would almost bet that it has to be power related.
    You need to find a friend who is an old-school tech who can identify power supply hum and noise levels. The is often done with an analog oscilloscope.

Failing components, especially capacitors can cause this. Some techs might have the stuff needed to test capacitors in-circuit. But seldom found in a hobby workshop.

Here is a You Tube video that explains the concept of in-circuit testing. But I do not know if the information is applicable to computers. It is NOT easy. You can do a lot of damage.  Yet there are some techs out thee that can do it.

But it is a lot easier to just swap the PSU.