Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help, windows boot problem  (Read 5037 times)

horf31

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Please help, windows boot problem
    « on: October 06, 2015, 02:25:36 PM »
    I've got this weird problem almost from a month back.
    I have an acer ultrabook, which I bought about a year ago.
    I was using win 8 when I first encountered this problem.
    When I revoke my PC from sleep mode, everything seems fine (keyboard backlight lights up, mouse icon appears and can be moved around, win 8 sign-in page shows) until my screen displays the sign-in page for a second, the screen starts to have no response. The mouse icon can still be moved, but whatever I type in from my keyboard, the screen background seemed to be freezed. It seems to be disconnected somehow.

I can force to shutdown (by pressing power button long enough) then reboot my PC. However, it takes more than 5 mins to boot, and before it goes into the OS, it shows a bluescreen, and tells me "The computer runs into a problem, and needs to be automatically restarted". Then it goes to restart again, and the second time takes less than 5 min, it will eventually enter into the OS. This case applies to whenever I restart a PC or I boot up the PC from shutdown. It happens EVERY single time. I need to wait it to boot twice before using it.

After the computer is booted, it can perform all the tasks normally. So I don't think it is a very serious issue. But it is just annoying. Before it had this problem, it could be booted in 1 min, now I have to wait for 10 min. And I can't close the lid, because it will go into the sleep mode.

I thought it could be an OS issue. Since it just started happening around the time when my system tells me that I can upgrade to win 10. So I did the upgrade, it still has the same problem. This time it doesn't show me the blue screen, but it still uses the same period of time to boot.

Has anyone come across similar problem or has seen it?

Many thanks