Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fixing up a Corrupt CDR file  (Read 3691 times)

LeonardRogers

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Fixing up a Corrupt CDR file
    « on: December 13, 2015, 09:02:01 AM »
    Greetings to everyone.

Could someone help me how to fix a corrupted CDR file? I was working on a file of 165 + MB file when the power suddenly went off and I couldn't open the file when the power was back. I know the file could have been corrupted and I don't have a backup of the file also.

BTW, an interesting thing to note is that I tried to open the file is 7zip as if it were a zip file. To my surprise there was the file along with some xml files, but unfortunately I could not extract it as it showed up a message File is corrupt.

Many of you people would have come across a situation like this, could some one please help me out?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Fixing up a Corrupt CDR file
    « Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 09:04:54 AM »
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

PeterJohnson

Re: Fixing up a Corrupt CDR file
      « Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 10:27:12 PM »
      Hello,

try the following:

- rename the file to ".zip "
      - open the zip-file with Winzip or WinRar (these programs has  a repair-function for zip)
      - try to repair the file
      - then extract the riffdata.cdr from content-folder of zip-file and open this file in CorelDRAW

If it didn't help try any third-party tool for example of CorelDRAW Repair Kit (http://www.coreldraw.repair/coreldraw) - is a compact, easy to use and efficient online Corel Draw file repair tool intended for all categories of users – from complete rookies to seasoned pros with years of IT experience.

These steps work for me.