Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVD installation issue  (Read 3010 times)

danny8989

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    DVD installation issue
    « on: December 13, 2015, 07:22:59 PM »
    Hello everyone,
    I've just build my new home computer, installed windows 10 and everything works just fine. Except one thing: I can't install anything via DVD. I tried several different programs now and all of them get stuck at the point where the installation starts. There is just the setup window saying "Status:" and the progress bar stuck at about 10 to 25%. Everything looks normal but nothing moves, except the DVD in the drive. It's an ASUS 24F1ST by the way and the driver is up-to-date.
    Any clue what the problem is? Is my optical drive broken or is it a compatibility issue?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: DVD installation issue
    « Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 08:55:33 PM »
    It may be an installer problem.
    As a test, try this. Make n empty folder and copy the contents of the DVD into the folder. It it does copy, then the DVD is doing good.

danny8989

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: DVD installation issue
      « Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 09:16:43 PM »
      After a lot of tests I found out that the installation actually works. It's just that the progress window is stuck. Does this make it a displaying error? Will keep working on it.