Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: An easier way to use the same command with different options in CMD  (Read 1839 times)

PhilNew

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Dear Users,

Let me start with that I am a complete Layman in this topic, and i would like some help from somebody or a bunch of somebodies more familiar with the topic.

I've charged myself with a challenge: Create something that will make my life easier. I need to use the same command in CMD multiple times, but each time with a different input in the middle of that command. That commands starts a executable file which works on the different inputs, the executable file stays always the same.

My question is: Should i investigate .bat creation instructions & tutorials and will it be sufficient, to create something which i start only once, and then by simply copying the data that is changing and executing it in the command window to achieve my goal, or maybe there exists a simple tool to achieve my goal?

I did some research on google and will continue to investigate further, but any tips from you guys how to narrow my search, or what direction should i pursue would be awesome.

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: An easier way to use the same command with different options in CMD
    « Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 06:27:47 AM »
    I'd make a batch file, in its simplest form you could simply copy and paste the command multiple times into the file and change the parameters on each.  Running this would execute each command in order.