Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: webpage suggestion  (Read 4222 times)

lavender

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    webpage suggestion
    « on: January 16, 2016, 10:17:04 AM »
    hello

I am a teacher and need to design a page for my school teacher that counts their extra classes (over time classes) and their volunteering hours per week

I need suggestions on how to apply it or the best way to do it  ???

the basics: the page should contains teachers name, their id numbers, counts how many classes they have on a week and print a weekly report of it

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: webpage suggestion
    « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 10:52:26 AM »
    I see this wasnt answered and answering now in case this info is still needed. Somehow this one slipped through the cracks without getting answered.

Easiest method for someone who isnt familiar with HTML and hosting a webpage would be tracking all of this in excel and then either daily or weekly save a copy of the worksheet as a HTML document, and then post it with WS_FTP or another method up to a web host. Then teachers could go tot he site and load a static copy of the spreadsheet in their browser.

This method needs 1 person to input the data to a spreadsheet and save the file as an HTML in office, and then manually upload it as frequently as needed.

If you want a system where teachers logon and input there data themselves then you will need a more advanced setup in which you have a database for them to log into and input data. A database option online might be outside of your abilities and you might need to hire someone to set one up for you at a cost etc.

You could even have teachers on a mailing list and they e-mail their info in and one person enters the data into excel spreadsheet and then emails them the update attachment showing all info as an XLS excel document to everyone involved. ( This would make data more private vs able to be seen by all on the web. )

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: webpage suggestion
    « Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 03:00:17 PM »
    DaveLembke,
    Good advice. I agree. Do it in a spreadsheet. Then publish it on a web server.
    Many spreadsheet programs publish to HTML.
    Besides Excel, one could use Libre office.