Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help!  (Read 2142 times)

Nevix

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Help!
    « on: January 16, 2016, 12:41:15 PM »
    I recently bought a new gaming mouse off of amazon. After waiting for an update to install, I plugged it in and opened google chrome to work on a story I was writing. The page didn't load and when I tried to refresh it, my computer froze. So I pressed Ctrl-Alt-Delte to close chrome but that didn't fix the problem, so I restarted my computer from the Ctrl-Alt-Delete menu. The normal "restarting" screen appeared with the dots moving in a circular motion. I waited about twenty minutes for it to restart but it never did. After about an hour I turned off my laptop via the power button, waited thirty seconds then turned it back on. It booted up and I was back at the restart screen. This has been going on for almost 24 hrs. I've turned off the power manually, tried letting it die, I tried going back into the C-A-D menu but it won't open from the restarting screen. I've tried everything short of taking my battery out, what should I do? (Windows 10)

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Help!
    « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 01:05:13 PM »
    I deleted your duplicate thread and moved this to the appropriate forum. One post per question please. Thank you

Gypsy_Joker

Beginner
    • "Maths"- If it seems easy than your doing it wrong
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Help!
    « Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 08:30:34 PM »
    What Brand Laptop?
    How old? (Still in warranty?)
    Does it have anti virus?
    Did it come with any repair disks?

I had this issue once and all i did was install fresh windows on it. didn't even need to format the HDD all files were in windows.old file
    « Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:54:24 PM by Gypsy_Joker »
    Me fail English that's unpossible! "Ralph Wiggum"