Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need help. i need to display two inputs on a monitor like a slide show  (Read 2446 times)

cbeckert

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    I have a office and i would like to have a big screen tv display my GPS system monitoring my vehicles and my security cameras.  The gps system is a webpage and the security camra is also web based.  I would like to display one gps for a minute then display the security cameras for a minute and keep switching.  Is that possible?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: I need help. i need to display two inputs on a monitor like a slide show
    « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 07:53:35 PM »
    Do you want a hardware or software answer?

A hardware answer would be a switch driven by a small 8 RPM motor.

Software would be a HTML page that would be a frame and it would refresh the child frame between two sources.

Or, it could be done in Adobe Flash.

cbeckert

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 09:54:44 AM »
      I really dont care if its a software or hardware solution.  I really just need a reliable way to rotate the input into the TV.  Where would i find a switch with a motor and how reliable are they?

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 06:11:21 PM »
      Hi

Using Google Chrome browser there is a add on called Revolver Tabs.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/revolver-tabs/dlknooajieciikpedpldejhhijacnbda?hl=en

This will scroll thru the current tabs you have open keeping the image on the screen for as many minutes as you select.
      You could open a copy of chrome with the 2 webpages  on tabs and shift that to the tv screen with this addon loaded and it would scroll say every minute between the 2 screens. If you click on something on a screen, like to see details from the gps the scroll will stop until you finish what you are doing.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

cbeckert

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 08:01:45 AM »
        Thank you I think that solutions is great. :)