Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re: Blue Screen..stop: 0X000000ED  (Read 6521 times)

Jinkes

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Blue Screen..stop: 0X000000ED
    « on: January 26, 2016, 01:16:55 PM »
    Hi,

My daughter has a Inspiron Mini Netbook. This morning she booted it up and it came up the the Blue Scren and the error UNMOUNTABLE_ BOOT_VOLUME and a Stop: 0x000000ED error.

She was using the machine last night to play music on from my USB stick (No Viruses - Checked) This morning tried to start the machine and it shows the XP start screen and then goes to the blue screen. (she also installed MSN last night)

As far as I can determine, there has been no changes after the msn installation since last night when it worked perfectly fine.

There is much on the net about recovering, using the XP CD and installing again etc, but this is a Netbook, NO CD or DVD. It came with no OS CD or DVD, how can I recover this. I hope I am not expected to throw it out as it cost €350 from PC World 198 months ago. The warranty ran out 6 months ago so I have no recourse to Dell, but I would like to know how to get the machine back up and running.

i also tried this but it wont works
    Start your computer back up and tap F8 to get into the advanced startup options. Here, choose "Disable automatic restarts on system failure" This should keep it from restarting. The blue screen error message should stay on the screen now. Write down that error and post back with it.

Have you made any hardware or software changes latley?
    and only msn software installed recently what she said.

Please someone help as I am very frustrated and all my daughters course work is on the machine for her Exams at the end of this school year.

Thanks in advance,

Jinkes

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Re: Blue Screen..stop: 0X000000ED
      « Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 02:13:06 PM »
      Hi,

My daughter has a Inspiron Mini Netbook. This morning she booted it up and it came up the the Blue Scren and the error UNMOUNTABLE_ BOOT_VOLUME and a Stop: 0x000000ED error.

She was using the machine last night to play music on from my USB stick (No Viruses - Checked) This morning tried to start the machine and it shows the XP start screen and then goes to the blue screen. (she also installed MSN last night)

As far as I can determine, there has been no changes after the msn installation since last night when it worked perfectly fine.

There is much on the net about recovering, using the XP CD and installing again etc, but this is a Netbook, NO CD or DVD. It came with no OS CD or DVD, how can I recover this. I hope I am not expected to throw it out as it cost €350 from PC World 198 months ago. The warranty ran out 6 months ago so I have no recourse to Dell, but I would like to know how to get the machine back up and running.

i also tried this but it wont works and only msn software installed recently what she said.

Please someone help as I am very frustrated and all my daughters course work is on the machine for her Exams at the end of this school year.

Thanks in advance,
      actually i reached about this error last night and came across this article related to "Stop: 0x000000ED"
      so, the article says my boot volume got corrupted and it does what i've found at the end
      here's the command what i use in cmd.
      opened cmd by my windows usb stich, great thing which i've also learned by the way   :)
      Command 1# – Diskpart

Command 2# – List volume

Command 3# – Exit
      Command 4# – D:  (You’re Windows Drive Letter) 

Command 5# – Bootrec /fixmbr

Command 6# – Bootrec /fixboot

Command 7# – Chkdsk  /f    (Try chkdsk /f /r If “Chkdsk /f” command Wont Works)

Command 8# –  Y

After “chkdsk” command completes, just restart my computer and I my problem is solved.  :)

one more question why a software like msn can cause this problem?

zep516

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 03:13:46 PM »
        Kind of odd msn software would have anything to do with it.

I'd keep my eyes on the machine, but first I'd back up files "your daughters course work" specifically  you can back those up to a flash drive.

Thanks
        Joe :)
        Manners are the basis of a civilized society and make everyone's lives just a little happier. They cost nothing but they are worth so much

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 03:33:15 PM »
        The hard drive may be failing.
        A drive test program may help. But it does not stop it from failing.

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        Re: Re: Blue Screen..stop: 0X000000ED
        « Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 03:55:20 PM »
        I agree with Geek. It's possible your HD may be on the way out. You should make certain that any important data is backed up to an off-disc medium.

Jinkes

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 06:45:03 AM »
          thnks all of you for the help
          every things is working now and saved all of my daughter's project data
           :)