Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer freezing and having audio loops.  (Read 2339 times)

Horizon

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Computer freezing and having audio loops.
    « on: January 31, 2016, 10:41:49 AM »
    Hello. This is my 2nd post, I felt like making a new one with more details and information would be more useful than just editing the original one. The issue is that the computer freezes, but only after 10-20 minutes after playing a game. Even a low-end game, doesn't have to be demanding.

What happens is the PC completely freezes requiring a hard shutdown, won't react to reset button. And after it's shut down i will need to press the MemOK! Button cause it won't boot while it's on.
    I already ran memtest for 8 hours, found no errors. Stressed the GPU with furmark , nothing. Stressed CPU and also nothing.
    I reinstalled windows thinking it's a software issue, but it's hardware.

Here's some errors I had before reinstalling -

•A BSOD saying "Uncorrectable hardware error"

•Another BSOD saying "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor"

•And many PC freezes when playing games with audio loops.

Also I forgot to mention that sometimes, after freezing and rebooting it will freeze either in windows or in the loading screens.

My specs :

•Windows 7 Ultimate

•GTX 670 Direct CU II 2GB - GPU

•I5 2500k Not overclocked - CPU

•Hyper X 4x2 GB kit 1600MhZ - RAM

•Asus P8Z77 V LE PLUS - Motherboard

•500GB WD Blue - HDD

It could potentionally be the motherboard since when installing a new cooler ( after I installed it , the freezes started happening ) I placed the motherboard on my METAL CASE, it moved around on it and maybe got shorted.. There are no swollen capacitors or anything like that though.

What I tried :

•Memtest86

•Prime95

•Furmark

At this moment after posting the thread I'll go check the HDD since in Event Viewer it said there are errors.
    Any help is appreciated, I really want to solve this since I built this PC for gaming, and everything it can do right now, is all BUT gaming.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computer freezing and having audio loops.
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 10:43:57 AM »
    There was literally no need for a 2nd Post...
    Just because bumping your 1st one didn't speed up the process...
    Have you ran all the diags suggested so far ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Horizon

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Computer freezing and having audio loops.
      « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 10:48:50 AM »
      There was literally no need for a 2nd Post...
      Just because bumping your 1st one didn't speed up the process...
      Have you ran all the diags suggested so far ? ?

Eh, sorry. The bump was just an edited post because I couldn't reply to a comment so instead of having 2 comments saying the same thing I edited it to say bump.
       Yes. You can see in this post I mentioned everything I ran, and I just finished running chkdsk. I'm going to run an extensive smart or whatever it is called test on my hard drive tonight to see if it has bad sectors or errors.