Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 10 Discontinued Driver AMD ATI RADEON 3000  (Read 24696 times)

Orangebeak

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows 10 Discontinued Driver AMD ATI RADEON 3000
    « on: February 05, 2016, 04:15:33 PM »
    Hello. Before I begin, I'd like to note that this is my first post, so feel free to call me out when I do something wrong.

I own an old Asus Essentio Series with ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics, AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor, my CPU speed is 2.8 GHZ, I am currently running on Windows 10 Build 10586 64 bit. ( if more info is needed please provide me with what is required as well as a good place to find it)

So. I'm trying decide between Slime Rancher and Scrap Mechanic. I'm voting more for Scrap Mechanic because I like the game's mechanics, (no pun intended). however, I've checked and my Graphics doesn't seem to be able to hold up to the minimum requirements even on the lowest settings. I've also been informed that AMD has discontinued ATI Radeon 3000 Series Drivers for Windows 10. if there is some better driver that would somehow be supported for my Graphics card or any way for me to run the game smoothly on this computer it would be most appreciated for me to be able to do this. Thank you, and I apologize if this is a little off topic.

Thanks, Orangebeak

P.S I could not find the spellcheck button. Derp.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows 10 Discontinued Driver AMD ATI RADEON 3000
    « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 04:56:17 PM »
    A few more details.
    Do both games only run on 64 bit?
    Do  you have a legit copy O windows 7?

He are my reasons for asking. Many games run goo din 32 bit if you make some adjustments. The 32 bit drivers are more available.
    The ought to be full support for Windows 7.
    If windows 7 is a practical option, you might consider going to a dual boot system. Or just stick with Windows 7 until  you buy a new card.

Maybe this will help.
    http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/14317-ati-radeon-300-driver-problem.html

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 05:00:12 PM »
    AMD has specifically said they will not be releasing drivers for that hardware (the Mobile/integrated 3000) on Windows 10. There are no alternatives.

You can install the Windows 8 drivers, assuming you haven't already.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

DaveLembke

Sage
    « Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 08:47:42 PM »
    Id look into a better video card. Even a $30 video card would outperform the likely Integrated AMD Radeon 3000 graphics. I have an older system with the Radeon 3000 as the integrated GPU and performance is horrible. For $25 I installed a Radeon HD5450 1GB Card which was way better. However the HD5450 is a low end GPU as well. If you have a tight budget though the HD5450 is so much better than the 3000 GPU.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 11:34:47 PM »
    Hmm I see it's not a laptop, if it has a dedicated Radeon 3000, then The Windows 10 drivers should work.

Of course, regardless of the driver installed, it won't meet the minimum requirements for most games.

Whether you want to spend more money on A PC that is nearly 10 years old to get another graphics card is another question.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Orangebeak

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 09:13:41 AM »
      @Geek-9pm (sorry don't know how to quote.)

Yeah
      "Do both games only run on 64 bit?"
      I don't know nor do the specs required minimum/recommended tell me whether that is true or not.
      "Do  you have a legit copy O windows 7?"
      Yes, my brother upgraded this computer from Windows 7 to 10 before he got a better one.

Orangebeak

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 09:17:08 AM »
        @BC_Programmer

Yeah I recently (accidentally) uninstalled my driver and got it back with Windows Update, so its probably the Windows 7 Driver. If you could direct me to the Windows 8 driver, It may function better than the Windows 7 Driver, as well as saving me less hassle having to downgrade to Windows 7. Personally I like Windows 10 and I would like to if possible with this computer stay on Windows 10 but still have solutions available for me.

What I would like to know is would this bottleneck my computer? I'm wondering what I should upgrade first, As I want to mainly upgrade my graphics to run more modern games.

DaveLembke

Sage
        « Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 10:55:54 AM »
        Here is driver... but you will want to use the correct driver for correct OS. Sometimes you can force a legacy driver to run under newer OS, but other times it doesnt work out so well or it will plain out refuse to install due to a OS version mismatch.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/ATI-Radeon-3000-Series-Drivers.aspx

Looking at my motherboard that has the integrated Radeon 3000 graphics, its a HD3000 so yours is likely the HD3000 as well. Drivers available all the way to Windows 8

Orangebeak

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 12:07:01 PM »
          Sorry, I cannot seem to find HD3000 all the others are there though

DaveLembke

Sage
          « Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 01:26:22 PM »

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 02:09:02 PM »
          Still has yet to be determined if this is onboard...or a vid card...just sayin they did both.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Orangebeak

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 02:35:45 PM »
            Onboard.

DaveLembke

Sage
            « Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 09:37:12 AM »
            This is the motherboard I have with the 760G chipset and the Radeon 3000. I have seen this referred to 3000 as well as HD3000 for same 760 chipset.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138138

You will likely need to upgrade to a newer video card to get one for Windows 10, however Windows 10 may use a generic driver, but performance would be likely worse than that of the correct driver that would make use of all shaders etc.

Instead of fighting to make 10 work with decent performance with that integrated GPU, I'd seriously consider even just going with a cheap video card that is better performing and newer and has Windows 10 driver support.

Suggested minimum performing and cheapest card to go with for Windows 10 support: Radeon HD5450 $29.99 free shipping in USA.
            http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150565&cm_re=hd5450-_-14-150-565-_-Product

Drivers for HD5450 with Windows 10 64-bit here below:
            http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

If you require better performance than the HD5450 and have more than $30 to spend give us a budget figure and we can make a suggestion for a better card for your money. I have installed HD5450's in a number of systems and its an ok cheap card for lightweight games, and it can play World of Warcraft at fair settings with 20-25 fps for most complex graphics rendering game that plays ok. Skyrim can also play on the HD5450 but you see noticable lag because Skyrim is asking a bit too much out of the HD5450 with the intense graphics. My Windows 10 system running Athlon II x2 215 2.7Ghz with 4GB RAM is running on the motherboard above which is a close match to your hardware. Windows 10 runs with no problems on it. I added a 80mm fan blowing across my card to keep it cool because I do game with it and passive heatsinks require airflow past them to not roast.