Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: upload file  (Read 8423 times)

rabin11

upload file
« on: July 28, 2004, 02:05:30 AM »
hi guys how can i upload exe files???
do u have any way to do it?

Joleen

Re: upload file
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 05:15:49 AM »
er.. upload to where?

rabin11

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 02:00:42 AM »
ya. upload to my own page.

Joleen

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 05:42:37 AM »
Do it the same way you uploaded your web pages.

rabin11

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 02:08:20 AM »
i had my site in geocities. i tried what u said but i don't know i didn't accept the exe files and prompts for illegal filename.

if u have any alternate method. plz. reply.

SKy

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 09:04:24 AM »
That's probably bcoz your free site only allows certain files to be uploaded ie .htm .jpg .cc

Pls check with your web admin or service provider and determine what is allowed and what is not.

Free sites r usually limited in the type of files u can upload, while paid sites allows you to do more.

SKy

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 09:04:34 AM »
That's probably bcoz your free site only allows certain files to be uploaded ie .htm .jpg .css

Pls check with your web admin or service provider and determine what is allowed and what is not.

Free sites r usually limited in the type of files u can upload, while paid sites allows you to do more.

Joleen

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 09:04:55 AM »
Geocities is pretty restrictive on what you can upload.  You might be able to change the extension to something other than .exe and try again.

SKy

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 02:55:54 PM »
sometimes such websites prevent u from uploading exe files for security reasons. they don't want unidentified / malicious codes to be on their server.

it's not a good idea to force your exe file to be uploaded, coz i think u will be violating ur agreement with geocities to upload only their approved files.

well i always believe good things come with a price : )