Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows COA  (Read 2731 times)

scomputer

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Windows COA
    « on: February 23, 2016, 01:36:42 PM »
    Ok so i have 5 desktops i bought for cheap ($30) a piece. None of which have an OS installed but all have Win 7 COA. What would be the cheapest most efficient way to get them all working. Should i create a windows 7 install disk and get one computer working then clone the HDD with the rest? Will the licence still be active if i clone them? Or should i start from scratch with every desktop.
    « Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:38:14 PM by Allan »

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Help
    « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 01:39:43 PM »
    If they are identical you can clone them - Install Windows without a key (will give you a 30 day trial), clone this then enter the correct key on each machine then activate Windows.  If they are different you will need to do a clean install on each.

scomputer

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Help
      « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 02:10:13 PM »
      Ok thank you! How identical? Identical hard drives or identical as in all PC specs. And also, do you recommend i create my own windows 7 startup disk? and if your aloud where do you recommend i do this. I am tempted to buy one so i dont have to worry about doing it wrong or getting a bad disc.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: Windows COA
      « Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 02:39:41 PM »
      I renamed your Topic and moved it to a more appropriate forum. Please don't use "HELP" as a topic / subject. This is a support forum - everyone is asking for help. Thank you.