Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: microSDXC  (Read 2327 times)

danni

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    microSDXC
    « on: February 26, 2016, 02:36:35 AM »
    G'day all
    I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place so forgive me if I got it wrong.
    Also, I apologised if there are already posts on this but I did do a forum search and checked the FAQ.

Two weeks ago I purchased an ASUS Transformer Book Flip TP200SA for my university studies.

For a cheap laptop it's pretty good - it's only real drawback so far is its memory - which is almost non-existent at 28.8GB (at least compared to my desktop pc which has 2 terrabytes). Anyway this amount of memory isn't even enough for the bare basics and I have a more stuff to install yet - for my studies - and I've run out of memory.

Anyway - I took it back to where I bought it (JB HiFi) and asked how I can enhance the memory. The guy sold me a Lexa 64GB Mobile microSDXC. I'd never seen one of these things before - didn't know they existed. So when I got home with it I discovered I already had a 32GB SanDisk that came with my laptop - I hadn't had a chance to ask anyone what it was or what I do with it yet.

Anyway - the guy showed me what slot to plug it into on my laptop - trouble is because the thing is so tiny I'm kind of scared to plug it in there because I'm worried I'll lose it in there and never get it out again. This might sound silly to some people - but there it is.

So if I could get some hints and tips on how to use this thing it would be really fantastic because I desperately need that extra memory.
    If more info is needed from me in order to help me with this please feel free to ask.
    Not really sure what else to say about it except to say that my laptop has Windows 10

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: microSDXC
    « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 03:29:07 AM »
    Don't worry, it won't get stuck.  When you push it in it will clip in and sit flush with the edge of the slot.  If you press it in again it will pop out - It's a spring loaded mechanism.  The card will only fit the correct way so don't force it.

danni

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: microSDXC
      « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 04:06:11 AM »
      G'day camerongray

Ok that sounds simple enough.

Thanks heaps  :)