Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BIOS falure  (Read 2746 times)

scomputer

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    BIOS falure
    « on: March 02, 2016, 02:19:16 PM »
    I have an hp pavilion all in one, upgraded the bios to get rid of that annoying pop up, now when the computer boots it is just a black screen, i removed the cmos for 15 minutes, out it back in and nothing. Any suggestions? Is this a hardware of software problem?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: BIOS falure
    « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 02:53:31 PM »
    1) WHAT popup?

2) Did you follow the bios flash instructions to the letter? If so, did it seem to complete properly?

3) Although bius upgrades are generally safe these days, if one DOES happen to go wrong it is possible to brick the system. We have to consider that possibility.

4) When you say you removed the cmos, I assume you mean you removed the battery. When you did that, did you also unplug the power to the computer? You must do both.

5) Does the system sound as though it is booting? If so, try a different display (also check the cable connections to the display on both ends).

6) Did anything else happen during the flash that you are not telling us? Did anything happen immediately after (you moved the computer, etc)?

scomputer

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 02:59:37 PM »
      After running the hp health test it recommended i flash the bios, everything seemed to go fine, being an all in one pc i am not sure how to check the display. The system sound like it boots just fine but nothing on the screen. And yes i removed the battery and power cable for 15 minutes. Nothing irregular happened that i noticed. Is there another way to reset the BIOS? Could it be the integrated graphics card? I cant even check the boot menu. thanks

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 03:46:17 PM »
      I suggest you call HP. If this happened immediately after updating the bios it sounds as though something may have gone awry during the process. I'm not sure there's anything you can do, but HP is the one to contact at this point. Especially since it's an all in one and you can't change the display.

scomputer

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 05:10:00 PM »
        I did, they want me to ship it to them. Thanks for the help

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 05:47:16 AM »