Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows 7 32 bit/64 bit  (Read 3059 times)

MistressArianna

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    windows 7 32 bit/64 bit
    « on: February 29, 2016, 04:29:53 PM »
    i recently upgraded from windows 7 32 bit to windows 7 64 bit so i could run newer games and my computer is completely running 64 bit but how do i remove windows 7 32 bit from my computer completely now just delete the windows.old file or what?
    « Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 04:41:04 PM by MistressArianna »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: windows 7 32 bit/64 bit
    « Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 05:59:07 PM »
    It has almost no impact on performance. The 63 bit version never invokes anything from the old version of windows. But if it did, you would not want to remove it.
    It t was left there for a reason. You can revert to the original install is needed.

Deleting the old version would free up a small amount of  disk space. IMO, it is not worth the effort.  :)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 06:18:45 PM »
    It has almost no impact on performance. The 63 bit version never invokes anything from the old version of windows. But if it did, you would not want to remove it.
    It t was left there for a reason. You can revert to the original install is needed.

Deleting the old version would free up a small amount of  disk space. IMO, it is not worth the effort.  :)

I know HDDs are getting pretty large but I wouldn't call 16GB a small amount even by modern standards.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

MistressArianna

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 07:27:23 PM »
      its not the space that bothers me so much i have a 1 TB Hard Drive lol and even after all the games i have installed still have plenty of room to add tons more