Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USING W10 LIKE W7  (Read 3291 times)

Jeffrey

Topic Starter

Beginner

USING W10 LIKE W7
    « on: March 09, 2016, 03:23:02 AM »
    I don't really want to upgrade to W10 (very happy with w7!) but I realise that I will probably have to in due course - MS are pushing w10 very hard, although I have turned off automatic downloads for all recommended updates to avoid MS clandestinely automatically downloading w10 later this year.

My question is this.

I have read that if I upgrade to w10 I have the opportunity to uninstall it within a month and go back to w7.

Does this mean that I am still OPERATING w10 - but USING  it exactly like w7 - or, does it mean that I have jettisoned ie uninstalled w10 and am back with w7?

If the latter, then there will be a problem when MS stops supporting w7!

The ideal situation for me would be to KEEP OPERATING w10 (so that it continues to be supported) but be able to USE w10 just like w7. Is this possible?

Can I have some advice please! I'm not a techie so need advice in simple language!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: USING W10 LIKE W7
    « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:01:11 AM »
    To have both I have heard of some creating a system image of 7, splitting the drive into 2 partitions, upgrading to 10, then installing the image of 7 to the newly created partition on the same drive then at boot selecting 7 or 10.

Windows 10 when downgrading goes back to the original 7 install as it creates a backup of 7 before the upgrade so you can go back to how it was. After 30 days the option disappears.

Other less complex and easiest method is to either get a cheap computer that has 7 on it and use that for 7 and upgrade current system to 10, or buy a new computer with 10 on it and leave old system at 7.