Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Intel stays on track. Bad news for AMD?  (Read 3617 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Intel stays on track. Bad news for AMD?
« on: June 07, 2016, 11:49:56 PM »
Not surprising news. What is surprising is many have thought that now was the timed for Intel to branch out and become a presence in other markets besides the PC . Instead, they will keep pushing the 86 design into the future.

Full title of the reference is:
Intel's Retrenchment Is More Bad News For AMD Jun. 7, 2016
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3980476-intels-retrenchment-bad-news-amd
Following Intel's (NASDAQ:INTC) Q1 earnings, I wrote that the company had a fundamental choice between retrenchment and transformation. After recent presentations at Bernstein and Computex, it has become clear that Intel has chosen retrenchment: doubling down on x86 architecture to preserve its domination of the PC market, and leveraging this to make gains in the data center and Internet of Things. The wisdom of this course of action will long be debated, ....

The author goes on to speculate this is bad news for AMD.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Intel stays on track. Bad news for AMD?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 12:19:09 AM »
Doing a bit of research, "Seeking Alpha" appears to be a front for shorters/short term traders. They seem to specialize in "bad news" articles; they release negative articles, depress the stock price of a company very slightly, the traders buy, then when the stock recovers, they sell, making a reasonable profit.

They are a clever scheme because, legally, they operate in such a way that legal screens covering fraudulent trading practices cannot be proven.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Intel stays on track. Bad news for AMD?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 01:02:01 AM »
Thank for the warning. I will refrain from reading it anymore.

The idea that Intel can hurt AMD is rather silly. AMD is doing well. If anything, Intel is, in my humble option, top heavy with too much capitol invested in one area. The title could have been, 'Intel is too stubborn to transform' and they are missing the boat.

If anything, buy  more AMD if it goes down a bit.   8)