Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Operating System Found  (Read 10177 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: No Operating System Found
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2016, 03:43:48 PM »
IMHO, you shouldn't ha veto pay for anything.
Agreed 100%.

A technician at Microsoft had to wipe the hard drive clean from the dreaded blue screen of death so there is currently no o/s on my computer.
This idiot is the one responsible. The number of things wrong with almost everything that is being described as what they did is mind boggling, but at the same time, I can actually believe that a Microsoft tech at one of their stores actually thinks literally wiping the computer and making it unbootable is a good solution to a blue screen issue.

I'd be raising a fuss with the store. Aside from having idiot employees, it sounds like they refuse responsibility as well, then make up complete gibberish, (like how the CD would somehow change from being unbootable to being bootable because you have a product key...). This is irresponsible behaviour from people that are supposed to know what they are doing that users who are not familiar with the inner workings of the system depend on for advice and support.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

lovebug

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2016, 08:31:04 PM »
    I can't believe the incompetence of people at both Lenovo and Microsoft..

This should have been a simple fix however it wasn't due to all the inconsistent information that I have been given along the way...

Turns out after another call to Lenovo today that they sent me the wrong recovery discs. Had enough of this nonsense. I have requested a refund for them and will be looking on ebay for an authentic copy of windows 7.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 08:35:01 PM »
    Good Luck with that...there's very few legit ones out there...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #33 on: June 23, 2016, 10:11:02 PM »
    Getting a bogus copy of Windows 7 is very risky.  The pirate may have done a lot of dirty things to it. A better method is to get a real copy of Windows 7 in a legal way without paying anything for it. At the poin, this problem is just about getting a good product key without theft, deception  or fraud.

Example: A school has some old computers they want to scrap because of hardware problems. They may let you have the COA stickers if you will pay for the disposal at a proper recycle center. You might salvage some memory chips and CPUs and other items to help defray your cost of disposal. In that case, the COA is free.

Of course that tastes work.  Anything takes work.  8)