Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I have a couple of questions about a flash drive  (Read 7657 times)

Salmon Trout

Re: I have a couple of questions about a flash drive
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2016, 02:05:27 AM »
Total Commander is a great tool...

I liken it to XTRee Gold from back in the day...
Yes, that's why I like it. It comes with a pretty good media player and a text editor, and all the common file-explorer tasks like copy, paste, move are easy to master. I have used the similar Midnight Commander on Linux for years.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2016, 02:06:50 AM »
It didn't come with any file  manager app. I had to go to the app store to download it. So, should I drop the ES File Manager and go to something else?
Android file managers/explorers are much of a muchness. if you like ES you may as well stick with it.

JackCatalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #32 on: June 29, 2016, 08:50:01 AM »
    I did download X- Plore. I would like to know if I'm downloading my files right or not. In other words, instead of my files being saved to the SD card, it's not. It's being saved in the Misc. Part of Internal storage. That stinks because the more stuff I download the more I use up my internal storage.

What I want is to save stuff to the SD Card instead of the Misc.  part of Internal storage. What I'd like to know is how to do that?

JackCatalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 06:38:46 PM »
      So what should I do? I'm still more confused than anything else.

When I click on storage, there's the SD card but it doesn't show my files saved to the SD card. How do I do that?

JackCatalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2016, 08:18:02 AM »
        Jack: Gotcha.
        Does the tablet have File Manager software on it? Some tablets come with a File Manager installed. If not, you may have to download a file manager from the Play store. See if your tablet has it, first. I'm going from memory, here, since my tablet is...umm...temporarily misplaced.  ::)

Bear with me. I am going to go look at some general information on File Manager apps.

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2016, 08:50:01 AM »
        I did download X- Plore. I would like to know if I'm downloading my files right or not. In other words, instead of my files being saved to the SD card, it's not. It's being saved in the Misc. Part of Internal storage. That stinks because the more stuff I download the more I use up my internal storage.

What I want is to save stuff to the SD Card instead of the Misc.  part of Internal storage. What I'd like to know is how to do that?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

JackCatalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2016, 12:22:47 PM »
          Thank you for the link. Can't my questions be answered at this site instead of the site that you linked?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #37 on: June 30, 2016, 12:44:46 PM »
          Thank you for the link. Can't my questions be answered at this site instead of the site that you linked?

I'm sure many users here are experienced with Android as users, but the number of us that are experienced at providing support for Android devices is probably far less.

For example I did write a post previously where I basically took my Nexus 6 and laid out the steps of how I got to what I think is the emulated SD Card.

I didn't post it, however, because I realized I had no idea what I was talking about! A Nexus 6 is  NOT a Polaroid Tablet, after all, as the Android versions will be significantly different, and steps where I explain how I bumble through changing a download folder will likely just confuse further as I'll likely be referencing elements that don't even exist on yours. Mine doesn't even have an SD Card slot so I would only be presenting it hoping it actually helps.

The main problem is that it sounds like you need specific instructions, which because of the nature of the Android ecosystem, is rather difficult to do unless somebody has the exact same device.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

JackCatalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2016, 06:14:07 PM »
            I signed up with the link that was given to me.  The thing I have to wait for the mod to approve my post.

JackCatalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2016, 10:43:23 AM »
              Ok, can someone help me? I signed up to the website that was linked for me and nobody has responded. Is there another site that you can steer me too? Or can anybody help me on here.