Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help me with this almost unsolvable problem  (Read 6370 times)

vendetta_5

Topic Starter

• Experience: Expert
    Please help me with this almost unsolvable problem
    « on: July 03, 2016, 01:12:17 PM »
    I have an Alineware 18 with 780gtx SLI, windows 8. the laptop lost the difference between the primary and secondary screens. it started when I used secondary LCD and I reinstalled windows using secondary LCD. so now when I turn on my laptop it sounds with 8 beeps and the laptop LCD doesn't work, only works when I connect secondary LCD and from there switch to laptop LCD. the laptop LCD is not dead, it works perfectly but without external LCD it won't work. I tried formatting and reinstalling windows but doesn't work. updated BIOS, ran Diagnostic boot and it gave me this error:

Error code 2000-0321
    validation 129846
    msg: LCD EDID- unable to access EDID EEPROM

guys I will owe u everything if u helped me to solve this issue.

thanks for ur time.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Please help me with this almost unsolvable problem
    « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 03:26:08 PM »
    In the nvidia software that came as part of the driver. You should be able to select which display is the primary with both connected. Once you designate the laptops display as the primary display, then it should save this info and you should be able to remove the secondary display attached to it. Reboot it and it should work with the laptops LCD instead.

Hoping this is the fix. I had a older Core 2 Duo laptop with Geforce 7300 and ran into a black screen issue where somehow the primary and secondary got swapped in the nvidia configuration. By specifying which display was primary and which was secondary, it fixed my problem that sounds like yours.

As per the BIOS error with the LCD, thats an odd one. Hopefully your only looking at specifying which display is the primary and setting the laptops LCD as the primary. Then a reboot in which the laptops display should then work. Best of luck and hope this helps!  :)

vendetta_5

Topic Starter

Re: Please help me with this almost unsolvable problem
      « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 04:00:58 PM »
      thanks for the reply, but no that didn't work for me. As I said, my primary screen works only when I switch it from nividia settings but that doesn't save it, it gets back to the same settings as I shut down the laptop. also the Dell and startup logos doesn't show on laptop screen but on the external screen, which means the graphic card sees the external screen as primary by default.