Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange Freeze Problem  (Read 2547 times)

XandeR

Strange Freeze Problem
« on: November 27, 2005, 02:40:20 PM »

I have encountered a really strange problem. One morning i, as i usually do, aproached my pc and turned on my monitor. The picture was there all right but pc did not respond to anything (mouse, keyboard cntl alt del...)
Power buton solved and problem and my first worry was a trojan or a virus, so i turned the braodband off before rebooting. However part from few tracking cookies nothing turned up.
Everything seemed to work fine, for a whille, but then, for no apparent reason it happened again, no blue screen or anything else, just a complete freeze.
I tried reinstalling the system and that too, seemed to be working until it suddenly froze near the end.
What is even more strange, it now freezez even in BIOS, so that leeds me to believe that it's either some major hardware glitch or my GeForce 6600GT.

Computer Specs,
3500+ Athlon 64,
AV8 Deluxe,
2x512 Mb Kennigton ram,
GeForce 6600GT,
180 gig Matrox

I assebled the pc myself 8 month ago or so and it seemed to work fine. and now this.

Any thoughts, ideas?

P.S. I suspect that probles could also be connected to my latest game, NFS Most Wanted coz i had one reboot or some stange glitch with it, and it's the last thing which i've installed

Hmm, i managed to get into Bios and the CPU temp was showing 47C, so it's normall. Actually my pc did boot up after i refited all of the insides, but, it wasn't long lived. When it forze i took the montior cable out and when i pluged it back in it was still showing the frozen picture, could that mean it's not graphics card However, now I am getting a problem when i press the power button there is no signal to the monitor, so i think it is the *censored* graphics card. What do you all think

marine80

Re: Strange Freeze Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 11:30:35 PM »
Goodmorning.
nothing much to say here , but check the cpu fan if the fun rotor stucks and replace the bios battery.Its a little 3inch buttonbattery 2032 number.or upgrade the bios version.

Frankie

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: Strange Freeze Problem
    « Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 12:03:03 AM »
    if the above doesnt work, here is a list of what it could be after you checked to see if your graphics card fan and other fans are working.

1 Virus or Spyware
    2 Overheating
    3 Vacume out any dust in computer
    4 Run a thorough scan of your hard drive
    5 Windows could be corrupt
    6 could be your hard drive is wearing out

« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 12:08:22 AM by Frankie »