Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Browser Issue  (Read 16437 times)

Natureguy04

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Browser Issue
    « Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 09:18:02 PM »
    It's doing the same thing on Chrome and I.E. I have done a browser reset twice. It didn't help.

It appears communication is breaking down here. I only have one user set up on this computer. It was created by the Store who build my computer. This user had all Administrator Authority. Does the name of that user really matter? Because it's just my name. I then created a new user. So at this very moment there are now 2 users. I keep reading in other forums that you should never use the Admin User as the primary user on a computer. I did not know this. Is there a way to "RESET" the Administrator User so I will no longer get the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #31 on: August 16, 2016, 09:25:00 PM »
    Not sure if this has been noted but this error can often be the result of a malware infection. (It infects both Chrome and IE)
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Natureguy04

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2016, 09:34:15 PM »
      Not sure if this has been noted but this error can often be the result of a malware infection. (It infects both Chrome and IE)
      Yes I was also told that. I ran a system scan and it deleted 15 suspicious files. But the problem still persists. That's why creating a new user isn't really solving the problem in my book.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #33 on: August 17, 2016, 09:07:50 AM »
      Yes I was also told that. I ran a system scan and it deleted 15 suspicious files. But the problem still persists. That's why creating a new user isn't really solving the problem in my book.
      Why? Others have found that if on  a new user account  and the new user account  does not have the error,  the solution is to use the new user account.
      That is the method works for others.

Natureguy04

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2016, 09:51:12 AM »
        Why? Others have found that if on  a new user account  and the new user account  does not have the error,  the solution is to use the new user account.
        That is the method works for others.

That doesn't solve the deeper problem though. It's clear I have something in the system causing the problem. It's not a browser issue. The new user account doesn't have Admin authority. So I'm not able to access any programs and such. Just using a stripped down User isn't going to work for me long term.

Rustys

Intermediate

• Escaped Mental Patient
          • Yes
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #35 on: August 17, 2016, 10:39:38 AM »
        The new user account doesn't have Admin authority. So I'm not able to access any programs and such. Just using a stripped down User isn't going to work for me long term.
        Then log in with user that had Admin privileges and use it to give the NEW USER admin privileges.

Or you can do one of two things that will defiantly fix this.

ONE:  Wipe the system clean and reinstall everything.

TWO:  Take it back to the shop and have them fix it.
        "Confucius could give answer to that... unfortunately Confucius not here at moment."

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #36 on: August 17, 2016, 12:29:04 PM »
        I ran a system scan ....
        with what? 

Edit: I went back and read earlier posts and saw that you scanned with Malwarebytes AntiMalware.  This might help: https://www.wiknix.com/solved-err_empty_response-no-data-received/

Natureguy04

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2016, 12:34:23 PM »
          with what?

with an Anti Malware program. I don't know which one. I am not on that infected computer at this time.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
          • Geek After Dark
            • Gekk9pm bnlog
          « Reply #38 on: August 17, 2016, 12:46:11 PM »
          Rustys, he did not finish what he was told to do.
          Here is a shirt history of what was said...

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016,
          I don't know how to create a new user profile.

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016,
          but that means my Admin Account is corrupt or something yes? How do I fix it? Or is it not Fixable?

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016,
          See Here...
          https://neosmart.net/wiki/corrupt-user-profile/
          Corrupt User Profile: Fix for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1
          To fix a corrupted user profile on a Windows 7 computer, follow these steps:

Boot into your Windows 7 system with another use or with the Administrator account.
          Restart the computer and login with the new username you’ve created  ...

Either he did not do all these steps or he does not understand the jargon.
          When the the  main or only account becomes corrupt, the owner of the computer must do the steps mentionde in Patio's post #15 on: August 11.
          That link outlines the method used to create a new account and copy relevant files to the new account, except the files that would mess things up.

If the account is damaged beyond belief and is unusable, one must boot in safe mode and choose Administrator.
          In most cases it is possible to recover documents, photos and music. But you can not use the same name for the new account.
          Again, doing a clean install is overkill. Some types of malware ruin the current user account. This has been documented elsewhere. So he must create a new account with administrator level. (But do not name it either administrator or the name of the corrupt account.)

Natureguy04

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2016, 01:17:48 PM »
            Rustys, he did not finish what he was told to do.
            Here is a shirt history of what was said...

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016,
            I don't know how to create a new user profile.

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016,
            but that means my Admin Account is corrupt or something yes? How do I fix it? Or is it not Fixable?

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016,
            See Here...
            Corrupt User Profile: Fix for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1
            To fix a corrupted user profile on a Windows 7 computer, follow these steps:

Boot into your Windows 7 system with another use or with the Administrator account.
            Restart the computer and login with the new username you’ve created  ...

Either he did not do all these steps or he does not understand the jargon.
            When the the  main or only account becomes corrupt, the owner of the computer must do the steps mentionde in Patio's post #15 on: August 11.
            That link outlines the method used to create a new account and copy relevant files to the new account, except the files that would mess things up.

If the account is damaged beyond belief and is unusable, one must boot in safe mode and choose Administrator.
            In most cases it is possible to recover documents, photos and music. But you can not use the same name for the new account.
            Again, doing a clean install is overkill. Some types of malware ruin the current user account. This has been documented elsewhere. So he must create a new account with administrator level. (But do not name it either administrator or the name of the corrupt account.)

I Keep saying I have created a new user. I admit freely I don't understand the "jargon". I can turn a computer on and do basic common things. That's about all. If there is Malware on my computer I don't see how creating a new user is going to solve the problem.

The steps listed below are for Windows 8.1. I am running Windows 10. I have never received an error stating my User was Corrupt. It was just something I mentioned.

plodr

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
              « Reply #40 on: August 18, 2016, 12:03:25 PM »
              There are two ways to resolve the problem of a corrupted user profile on a Windows 10 computer.
              1. Fix a Corrupt user profile by correcting Registry values.
              2. Create a new account and transfer the data from old to new user account.

You've already created a new account. Transfer the data from the old to the new account.
              Editing the registry is not something undertaken lightly. If you do it wrong, you can render the computer unbootable and then you'll have a real mess on your hands. That's why I won't post the steps for a registry edit.

Reasons For Corrupted User Profile in Windows 10
              There could be many reasons for the user profile getting corrupted on a Windows 10 computer.
              1. According to Microsoft a user profile can become corrupted if your antivirus software is scanning your PC while you try to log on to a user profile.
              2. Users have also reported a corrupt user profile after upgrading to Windows 10 from an older version of Windows.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
              • Geek After Dark
                • Gekk9pm bnlog
              « Reply #41 on: August 18, 2016, 02:02:49 PM »
              I don't see how creating a new user is going to solve the problem.
              We can not h help with  optical issues.
              The only real issue is to log into that webpage with no errors.
              By using a new account you did get into the website?
              If so, problem solved.

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              • Experience: Beginner
              « Reply #42 on: August 18, 2016, 03:12:38 PM »
              The steps i outlined are identical in Win 8 and Win 10...

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
              • Geek After Dark
                • Gekk9pm bnlog
              « Reply #43 on: August 18, 2016, 04:38:41 PM »
              Which administrator?

When your PC was setup, two administrators were created.  Widely documented.
              Source Google search:
              (Solved) How to Enable Administrator Account - Active Administrator
              www.techsupportall.com › Windows OS Troubleshooting
              How to Enable administrator account (hidden) in windows xp windows vista .... Dude dont you get it dome of use cant run or log into a admin account do to it not being ... This command is for active the administrator account: “net user administrator ... aftr pressing enter or clicking on tat arrow, it says “your account is disabled”.

Example:
              I had windows install once where I called myself' Kohn' and later something started. It was the after effect o some sort of malware.

But the secret administrator was not damaged. Windows reserves a hidden administrator for panic. You can get into it bu using 'safe mode' upon boot.

So I made a new account and named it' Kohn-II' Windows will not let me use original  name.  Using the instructions from Microsoft, I copped  relevant data.

Yes, the original account goes asleep forever.   :'(

Does that help?   :)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
              • Geek After Dark
                • Gekk9pm bnlog
              « Reply #44 on: December 20, 2016, 01:43:21 AM »
              This might be of some help
              Basically you're going to duplicate the corrupted user account.
              For example if your current user account is called David, you create a new user account with a similar name and make it a replica or duplicate of the old account. Maybe you would call this new account David-2 so that you would remember that it is a duplicate account.