Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC will not BOOT when Video Card is inserted, but does BOOT w/o...  (Read 2643 times)

gon

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Hi, i recently built a computer, happily, i was able to make it post boot and install an OS, but this was only done with just: CPU, Motherboard, Powersupply, SSD, and RAM. It booted windows 8.1 smoothly. Basically the pc is done, but i want a Video card in it to play some games, every time i insert the video graphics card, the PC turns on, but i get nothing but a black image, it wont event post bios. I get nothing with the video on it, i already updated BIOS, i'm sure sockets are compatible, the build is ATX - micro ATX, i tried downloading the drivers for the card, but drivers will not install because they don't detect the right hardware on the PC. It's just a loop after that. My computer parts are:
    Motherboard - GA B150M-DS3H
    CPU - Intel core i3 6100
    Power Supply - EVGA 500W
    RAM - hyper fury 2x4gb
    SSD - Samsung EVO 250 gb
    ---------------------------------------
    Unusable Video card - EVGA geforce gtx 960 4 gb
    Id appreciate and love you all for some help, thx :D

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: PC will not BOOT when Video Card is inserted, but does BOOT w/o...
    « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 11:52:26 AM »
    New or used card ? ?...4/6 pin power plug in place ? ?

I would test the card in a working PC...if it works then it's likely the MBoard in the MicroATX.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 12:09:28 PM »
    Read the instructions.
    That video card will have very specific steps you have to do in the exacting order given in the documentation. No shortcuts.
    Can you provide a link to-the video card manual?

Meanwhile, does everything else work fine without the video card inserted?
    You have a on-board VGA, - Right?
    Have you installed all drivers for the motherboard?

EDIT: Looking again at your post, you said you inserted the video card and the power came on. Right? Never do anything inside the computer with the power cord in place. You may have ruined the card.  :'(

gon

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 10:38:20 AM »
      Yes, everything works fine without the VGA, i even already played some games with the integrated intel graphics, not AAA games, but the pc is functional, idk about the mother board drivers, i will look how to do that, and the manual mentions to just insert in the spot its supposed to go with the PCI-e 4 pin power connection :P