Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can not display page  (Read 6456 times)

bobhlgh

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Can not display page
    « Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 12:12:18 PM »
    soybean  -
    I yield  to an expert, which I know you are because you have helped me in the past, HOWEVER, I use the address in the lower right corner a lot.     I have no idea where it comes from.    Bob

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 12:42:35 PM »
    soybean  -
    I yield  to an expert, which I know you are because you have helped me in the past, HOWEVER, I use the address in the lower right corner a lot.     I have no idea where it comes from.    Bob
    And, do you also have the standard address box at top?

bobhlgh

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 03:05:08 PM »
      soybean  -
      Yes, there is a place in the upper right corner where I can put an address I want to use.  When I use the address space in the lower right corner the same address appears in the upper left corner.  I can not send a screen shot as I don't know  how.  As I have told you I don't know too much about  computers because I did not have anybody to teach me.     Bob

Salmon Trout

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 03:52:08 PM »
      I have found other people who did not know about  the address bar in the lower right corner.  Right click on the strip that has  the time and date.
      Is this really the browser?

bobhlgh

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 06:25:08 PM »
        soybean  -
        As I said, I don't know where it comes from but I use it.  If you right click in the space to the left of the  time and date a  little panel pops up.  in this panel is an "address".  Click on that and an address space shows.

soybean

Genius
        « Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 09:46:12 PM »
        soybean  -
        As I said, I don't know where it comes from but I use it.  If you right click in the space to the left of the  time and date a  little panel pops up.  in this panel is an "address".  Click on that and an address space shows.
        Was this reply intended for Salmon Trout?  His post was the last one before you made your post, and you had already replied to my last post. 

Bob, i mean no offense but I don't think any of us forum members can make sense of your comments, which you say are about IE (Internet Explorer).  I have IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera browsers installed, and none of them have two address boxes.  And, none of them have the address box on the upper right, it is on the upper left.  So, what you're saying in your posts simply does not make sense. 

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        « Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 10:07:49 PM »
        It sounds like perhaps the Address Toolbar on the Windows Taskbar:

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Rustys

Intermediate

• Escaped Mental Patient
          • Yes
        « Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 10:37:58 PM »
        Sorry about the confusion on the name for the command prompt.  I have known it as terminal, DOS Prompt, Command Prompt which are all the same thing.

Are you connecting to the internet via wire and or wireless?

If wireless then connect directly to the router and try again.
        If no then connect directly to the modem and try what were the results.

Now if the modem and router are one in the same skip the stuff about routes.

You can also try rebooting the network.

Turn off the modem and router.  Wait a few minutes
        Turn on the modem once it is completely up turn on the router.
        Once the route comes on then try the internet.

Try browsing the internet in safe mode with networking.  When you power on the system tap the F8 key.
        Understand that safe mode uses basic display drivers and no sound.  Try a few sites and see if we can replicate the issue.

What Anti Virus and Firewall are you running?

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]
        "Confucius could give answer to that... unfortunately Confucius not here at moment."

bobhlgh

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 12:56:19 PM »
          To all  -
          This has gotten out of hand.  When I said the address was in the right corner it was a mistake.  The address space is in the upper LEFT and in the lower Right.   That said I  suggest we drop the whole thing.  I can use Google Chrome and everything is fine.
          Thanks for your time.       Bob

soybean

Genius
          « Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 01:29:14 PM »
          Well, Bob, sometimes we like to get to the crux of the issue and not just quit and move on because the communication has become cumbersome.  And, for the benefit of all forum visitors who might read this discussion, leaving a point unclear is not the best way to end the discussion. 

So, you have acknowledged your mistake is saying the top address box is at the upper right or your screen; you've now admitted it is at the upper left. 

This has gotten out of hand.  When I said the address was in the right corner it was a mistake.  The address space is in the upper LEFT and in the lower Right.   That said I  suggest we drop the whole thing.  I can use Google Chrome and everything is fine.
          Now, let's clear up the other point.  No matter what browser you are using, it does not have an address box at the lower right.  Please look again at BC_Programmer's post and the image he posted.  Do you see that address box at the lower right of that screen?  I'm sure that is what you are referring to.  Is that correct?  Do you not understand that that address box is not part of the browser window, that it is on the Windows taskbar?  In other words, if you close your browser, you still see that address box in the lower right corner of your screen.   Right?   

bobhlgh

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 07:14:35 PM »
            soybean -
            As I said I yield to an expert.  I don't know where the address space is I just know there is one in the lower right corner where I put addresses.  Thanks       Bob