Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "No video connection"  (Read 2290 times)

Nicoleackles

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    "No video connection"
    « on: January 31, 2017, 07:30:31 AM »
    Hi! This issue is happening on 3 different PCs, to make it easier to explain, I'll note them PC1, PC2 and PC3.

A few days ago, the WD sata HDD from PC1 broke. I bought a Seagate sata to replace it. But windows installer kept freezing, so to check if HDD is the issue...
    I took the IDE HDD from PC2 and the power suply from PC1 and put both on PC3. I also took 2gb ram ddr2 and put it in PC3 which has a ASUS K8V-X-SE motherboard. When I tried to power PC3, only thing appearing on monitor was "no video connection" and the unit was beeping..
    After that, I took the IDE HDD from PC2 and put it back in PC2, left the rest of the pieces untouched. When I tried to power PC2, same thing appeared on screen "no video connection".
    After that, I took the IDE HDD from PC2 and put it in PC1 (which was originally running on SATA HDD). Same thing appeared on screen "no video connection".
    Finally, I took the ide hdd out from PC1 and put the Seagate sata hdd back in PC1. Took the power suply back from PC3 to PC1. Connected all cables, dusted the graphic card and the ram memories, double checked they're well placed, but same thing appears on screen "no video connection".
    I took another monitor and connected it to PC1, same thing on screen "no video connection".
    I don't know what I'm missing, if there's a cable i'm not plugging, many ifs and I don't know how to fix it. It happened on 3 computers so I'm obviously doing something wrong

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: "No video connection"
    « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 08:41:09 AM »
    so you started with 2 working computers and a 3rd dead computer. Mixed the guts on 3rd from guts of 1 and 2 and now none work?

I also took 2gb ram ddr2 and put it in PC3 which has a ASUS K8V-X-SE motherboard.

For starters.... not sure how you got DDR2 RAM installed into a DDR 400 slot as the RAM is keyed differently. WRONG RAM. If you powered the wrong RAM in this board you killed the RAM and so for starters you will need to get a healthy DDR2 RAM stick to put into one of the other 2 computers that is ( if they actually are using DDR2 or are they DDR? )

Here is the motherboard of the 3rd computer. The K8 series motherboard to me stood out as OLD and I didnt believe the K8 to be anything beyond regular DDR 400Mhz RAM: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131577

sharing other motherboards we can determine if they are DDR or DDR2 memory slots