Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Free C/C++ Compilers & Interpreters  (Read 5944 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Free C/C++ Compilers & Interpreters
« on: March 29, 2017, 01:52:59 PM »
Yes, you can use an Interpreter for C and C++ for some applications.
The advantage of an interpreter is less time with the trail and goof  approach.
This link is for a web site with a bunch of links to various kinds compilers and interpreters. Take a look. You might be surprised.

Free C/C++ Compilers and Interpreters
He covers a very wide range of things. Good link toad to your bookmarks.  :D

Did you know you can Python in Visual studio?
With this suite, you can develop programs for the desktop and mobile versions of Windows as well as Android. The C++ compiler appears to support most of ISO C++11 and some of C++14 ...
The software also comes with support for building programs with C#, Visual Basic, F# and Python. At the time I wrote this, the site states that Visual Studio Community 2015 is "free for individual developers

Visual Studio is available for both Windows and Apple systems.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Free C/C++ Compilers & Interpreters
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 12:54:28 PM »
Looked at the site you linked. I do a lot of quick "programming for console" programming in C++ with Bloodshed Dev C++ and saw it listed there... However I had found some interesting bugs using it.

I came across Eclipse C++ IDE when playing with C++ with wanting to program for Linux Mint. It also is available for Windows. I havent learned all the features it has, but have done some small programs with it to learn how to use tip of the iceberg of features is has. Trying to get myself away from Bloodshed Dev C++, but after using it for so long its fluid in its use and I like its layout which reminds me of Bordland 5.02 C++ and Microsoft VC++6.0 which is what I originally coded on.

https://eclipse.org/cdt/

I have played with Visual Studio since 2008, but not sure what it is about it, but it doesnt keep my focus as an IDE for my programming use. I think it is similar to my distaste for Windows 8.x and newer and liking Windows 7 and older desktop layout and its more of where if I forced myself to like it, maybe I would come to liking it. I have actually only used Visual Studio Express when using the Books with DVD learning C# and tinkering with Visual Basic which I dabbled with since VB6. It still feels foreign to me and so I only with with it when I have to, such as when I am working with someone elses open source code that was built using it and was written specifically for .NET Framework implementation.