Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Notebook freezes/lockpus while playing online games  (Read 5327 times)

axendras

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Notebook freezes/lockpus while playing online games
    « on: April 15, 2017, 04:15:47 PM »
    Hi everyone, how are you? I am new on this site and i have the next problem:

I have a brand new Notebook (specs at the bottom) and had just installed 3 licensed products: Unity for future work; Hearthstone and Elder Scroll Legends for my brother.

The problem is that every time my brother plays any of those two games the notebook freezes completely after 3 minute or even less. And by that i mean the monitor shows the last frame captured; keyboard/pad don't work; it keeps making a weird sound; and after any amount of time the only way to "fix it" is to restarting it by force. The same happen while watching videos on youtube but is way less frequent.

I already send it once to tech support from the store and they said it was totally ok since it past all "stress test" and won't give me another/give my money back until they find something wrong. Now is suppose to be on the main central store and the Final Boss technician will do a complete soft/hardware search to find my problem, but since capitalism rules this world am afraid they won't do the work properly and tell the same story.

And what's worst, if they only grant me access to internet on their stores i could replicate the problem in no time, but NO, i have to wait 2 sessions of 72 hrs each (no weekends included) because not even the chief and supervisor of the central store can give me a simple wifi access.

Hope you can help me and thank you anyways.

Specs:

Brand: HP
    Model: 14-an020la
    Processor: AMD Quad-Core A6-7310
    Cores: 4, as above.
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM
    Graphic Card: AMD Radeon™ R5 M430 with 2 GB DDR3
    LAN: LAN: LAN 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet
    WIFI: WLAN 1x1 802.11b/g/n

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Notebook freezes/lockpus while playing online games
    « Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 04:21:09 PM »
    Sorry, but I think you need to find a way to get them to take the laptop back or exchange it.