Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer screen not working?  (Read 1956 times)

rbeckman16

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer screen not working?
    « on: April 17, 2017, 04:07:36 PM »
    I don't know if this is where I'd ask this question, but I've spent months searching for an answer and this is the first "computer questions" site I've found. Basically, I've looked up my issue, and everything I find is for a screen that's been shattered which isn't the case for me. My acer computer screen turns on, but it doesn't show me the picture. It shows a screen in various colors from black to grey to white, and is covered in multicolor lines. My previous roommate got mad at us over my cat who fell ill, and slammed his fist down on my computer. Then, this issue started happening. If I fiddle with it for long enough, the screen picture will come back and I can use it, like to access the Internet but if the screens bumped, it goes back to the lines. I can also plug it into my television and it works, but the purpose of having a laptop is mobility, isn't it? I'm guessing it's something with wires, and that it'll be expensive to have professionally repaired. Seeing as I'm a full time college student whose paycheck goes to rent, I can't afford to have it done professionally. So, I was wondering 1) if this is even a repair I could do myself and 2) obviously, how to do it. Thanks.