Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Who can help me create a script to stop MySpecific.exe process but only when CPU  (Read 3153 times)

karlosss

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Who can help me create a script to monitor and stop automatically MySpecific.exe process but only when CPU activity is idle for a given period of time?
    e.g: I run MyTool.exe ok ? how can i monitor the CPU activity?and when MyTool.exe is idle for a given period of time (lets say 1-2 min) then the created script must stop  MyTool.exe process,is possible that?can anyone help me?
    thank you!
    « Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 04:42:09 AM by karlosss »

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Not able to assist with this as per your track record here points to hackery.  :-\ Maybe your just tinkering in your own sandbox messing around with nCrack and RDP sessions and all that, but there is no control on how what is shared here could be used outside of a sandbox to be a detriment to the world of computers.

We cant assist with making what could be malicious intent scripts or programs. That 1 to 2 minute time period could be dropped to seconds and this could be used as a program/script activity mask. What better way to hide something that shouldnt be there than to have it run only when other stuff is running and disappear when idle?  ::)   I can see it now... the targeted system shows only 2% CPU activity and all is well idle, but yet now my programs and games take a little longer to load. I exit the program or games and the system acts normal again as for your targeting only CPU's that are active. The script you need would be a sevice not taking up much CPU processing time and able to call to other EXE's that would make a normally idle system no longer appear idle if run when the CPU was idle. But only running when CPU is above a certain percentage, now it blends in with the users normal activity and so its masked from standing out like a sore thumb and drawing attention to itself.

The only non-potentially malicious use of such as script would be to analyze how much CPU TIME is used and maybe graph it etc to know what each users CPU usage is, how computationally active they are, and log this info. But your calling to other EXE or EXE's and that points to what could be very questionable intent.  :-\