Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I couldnt use my computer for a week and this happened  (Read 2555 times)

Ballist1k

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I couldnt use my computer for a week and this happened
    « on: May 27, 2017, 03:00:53 PM »
    I bought a new computer like 3-4 months ago and it was running really smooth, but last week i had a problem with the vga cable. I use a DVI->VGA adapter and my friend accidentally pulled it a bit too strong. the rear of the adapter got losen and it wasnt working. i had to buy a new one, and as soon as I turned the computer on after a week the graphics were all messed up, the screen was like stretched, most of the letters in games and web pages look blurry and small, circles look like ovals now.... also a really weird window pops every 30 min for less than a sec in the middle of the screen. It looks like a command window like the CMD one. When i play fullscreen games and i try to switch back to the desktop the screen just goes black for 3 seconds its really annoying and i dont have any idea what could be wrong. I dont have that much knowledge about tech and i was hoping that i could recieve an amazing response here if you need any extra info or system properties let me know i will be checking this post every day thank you for your time.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: I couldnt use my computer for a week and this happened
    « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 03:31:41 PM »
    Is this a vid card ? ?

If so remove all power to the PC and remove re-seat the vid card...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Levy8Me

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 07:56:03 PM »
      Check ur graphic settings and the cmd window could be caused by a program running in the background. Did you instal anything recently? What did you last install before the window started popping up?

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 02:48:39 PM »
      It sounds like your resolution is set incorrectly.
      Right click your desktop and go to Display Settings/Screen Resolution (Depending on your version of Windows)
      Make sure the resolution is set to the native resolution of your monitor, usually this has the tag "(Recommended) beside it.

As for the random CMD window, there is currently a known 'feature' with Microsoft Office.
      Please see https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6dnsb4/today_i_noticed_that_a_random_cmdexe_window_keeps/ for the solution.