Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: changing adapter priority not being saved...win 10  (Read 2686 times)

Gilgamesh21

Topic Starter

Intermediate

changing adapter priority not being saved...win 10
    « on: June 14, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »
    Hello all,

So I was trying to change the adapter priority in windows 10 through Network and Connections > advanced as a supposed solution to the dreaded " Can't join session" error in Splinter Cell: Blacklist Co op.

Anyway, after googling a bit I stumbled upon this thread here: ( https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e4ffec8c-0a2d-4858-b379-da1c2270d60a/windows-10-network-adapter-order-doesnt-stick?forum=win10itpronetworking ) where it says that manually setting the metrics values on the respective cards change their priority(though the change was still not "reflected" in windows adapter GUI). It did work (I think) as it seems when I ran netstat -rn in command prompt. I could see the Ethernet card on top as I wanted. 

My question is, does this mean that I have changed the priority for sure even if it is not shown in windows adapter GUI?

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]