Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gmail Hacked any solution  (Read 2281 times)

chaosloader

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Things Unshared is Things Wasted
    • Sudip Rai
  • Experience: Familiar
Gmail Hacked any solution
« on: June 20, 2017, 10:01:28 PM »
So, one of my friend's gmail account was hacked. Dont know how that hacker did it but that good for nothing chickenwuss has now added the security layer like phone verification as well.

What can i do to recover that account. Is there some gmail support number so that I can talk to. I have few infos like the activities that my friend performed through his account. Like where he signed up and send mails and what was his previous recover email and phone numbers.

Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated...

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Gmail Hacked any solution
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 07:43:26 AM »
I cant go there from here because I dont want to mess up my gmail account, but I'd start with making contact with google and go from there. I would check any and all systems and devices that the gmail was accessed from for keyloggers and malware/virus's as well as the most common way that accounts are stolen are by weak security reset info.

Such as whats your favorite color and what is your mothers maiden name is probably 2 of the worst security reset questions out there. The color one being the absolute worse due to dictionary attack methods and a short list of the most basic of colors.

On security reset questions I find it best to use answers that have absolutely nothing to do with the question. Such as ...

Q.  What is your favorite musical instrument?   :P

A.   FriedClams     ::)

No hacker in the world would ever come up with that because they are too busy hitting it with a dictionary attack of different instruments.  ;D

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Gmail Hacked any solution
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 11:25:42 AM »
Contact GMail...

I take all these "hacked" stories with a grain of salt...
If it indeed it was "hacked" it's someone who knows her well and knows personal data so i'd advise her to change all her personal accounts...

PS...that ain't "hackin".
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "