Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help, computer issues...  (Read 2942 times)

JaceTheFox

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Please help, computer issues...
    « on: June 24, 2017, 07:43:21 AM »
    Hi there, I'm a little confused right now with what's happening to my computer... I was doing nothing special, and just playing on my computer typically and then it froze into a grey screen and produce a lot of static. Nothing worked so I hard shut off my computer, and booted it back on... it first went into a blue state (pretty sure it was BSOD). Nothing helped so I turned the whole system off and it then just goes to a completely green screen.

The first time it did this, it was was windows updates but the text on the screen was extremely glitchy... once it had done I was back to my same issue. I've tried keeping it off for a period of 24 hours, I booted it once this morning, power died (so I know the computer works to an extent), however I just got home and booted it back on, and I came back to the same disgusting green screen.

Whilst you're probably going to get annoyed at this, this may be my causation of the problem. Sometimes I'll leave my computer running for a couple days at a time. Could it have overheated and caused damage to the hardware - after it first died, I booted it up and my tower sounded like a jet engine.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I just feel certain that is possibly is a hardware issue, but I'm unsure. I haven't downloaded anything recently at all. I am also on the Windows 10 operating system.

Thanks in advance...

JaceTheFox

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Please help, computer issues...
      « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 07:51:56 AM »
      I have just tried booting my computer again, and it came up with "it looks like windows didn't load correctly", pressing restart will take it back to my green screen. Troubleshoot fails to find any problems, and the restore points all corrupt...

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 07:56:01 AM »
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

JaceTheFox

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
        I did everything there. Nothing really fixed my problem. However, I took initiative and reformatted my computer back to Windows 8.1 (from Windows 10). The only issue I currently face is, my graphics is significantly worse, everything look horrible compared to before... Furthermore, my Screen Resolution is generically set around 20-- x 15--. Whereas, the screen resolution setting only fills 1920 x 1050 (If I were to equip this, my entire display would shrink with a 1cm+ border around it, towards the edge of the monitor. To solve this I had to degrade the resolution by two, to get it to maximise and fill which hit 1680 x 1050).

Some drivers' are failing to install, or yield problems. The current problem I'm facing is a High Definition Audio Device that keeps giving Error Code 10. I have tried searching for updates (none found) and a large portion of the fixes on the web. Pretty sure my PC is totalled.

Could the graphics issue be caused by a *censored* video driver, but having the CPU compensate and act for it instead? (I don't know much on this area).

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 03:03:03 PM »
        You need to re-install ALL Win8 drivers for that PC after a clean install...Chipset drivers 1st...then re-boot...then all others.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        « Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 09:53:25 PM »
        As Patio says, you need to reinstall the drivers for the system. This means going to the manufacturer's website for the system and downloading the appropriate drivers for your system.

A hardware problem is incredibly unlikely.

Whilst you're probably going to get annoyed at this, this may be my causation of the problem. Sometimes I'll leave my computer running for a couple days at a time.

That's fine; Whether you leave the system running or shut it down is up to personal preference (and desire to reduce electricity costs), it won't lead to problems.
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

chaosloader

Greenhorn

• Things Unshared is Things Wasted
          • Sudip Rai
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 12:10:39 AM »
        have u tried cleaning the mobo... sometimes dust particles inside the mobo can cause the problem... try taking out ram and clean the slots... be extra careful while working with the processor part

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        « Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 01:53:10 AM »
        reading the OP closer, I think perhaps the graphics adapter might have failed.
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

JaceTheFox

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 03:44:55 AM »
          I've got all the current updated drivers. Despite one 'High Definition Audio Device' - and, under 'Display Adapters' I have "AMD Radeon R9 200 Series" and "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600", I know for a fact the AMD is still working, however, enabling the Intel, causes a 'ghost' cursor to appear in the top left of the screen, and causes distorted colour lines and messes up everything. (Last night, I used my PC for a solid 3-4 hours at most, and it got super hot and this driver in specific flipped *censored*).

-Edit:

Just to mention this is a factory reset Windows 8.1 run (downgraded from 10, as I couldn't do anything prior to the crash).