Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wi-Fi is super slow on 1 of 3 different PCs  (Read 3377 times)

Capta

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Wi-Fi is super slow on 1 of 3 different PCs
    « on: June 28, 2017, 06:29:30 PM »
    Hello everyone i've got a tough one..

Custom PC with Nighthawk R8000 router. EnGenius wireless adapter.

Here's the deal. Speed test only gets to around 2Mbps on my custom PC but when I plug it into my wife's custom using the same network adapter it goes up to 150+ Mbps. Obviously, something is up with my PC. Just did a factory reset last month. Just ran the network CMD lines with no luck, I haven't the faintest what could be going wrong, please help.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wi-Fi is super slow on 1 of 3 different PCs
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 10:36:19 AM »
    If this adapter is USB Network Adapter, you could have a system that is running a legacy driver for USB which wont be detected with a Mouse etc, but when you want bandwidth the bandwidth isnt there. I'd check to make sure you have correct USB driver for your system if this is the case.

I had a old Pentium 3 laptop that I used a USB Network wireless G adapter on and it was USB 1.1 and so bandwidth wasnt the same as my new desktop that had USB 2.0. The USB Wireless Network adapters most of them support legacy USB speeds but they dont warn you that your not running full speed.  :)

Capta

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Wi-Fi is super slow on 1 of 3 different PCs
      « Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 09:29:36 AM »
      I'll give that a shot. thanks