Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer very slow, and often not responding.  (Read 3372 times)

WesleyR

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer very slow, and often not responding.
    « on: July 01, 2017, 11:03:59 AM »
    Hi guys. For some reason, my computer seems to be very slow at the moment, with various programs often 'not responding'. It also seems to take a long time to boot up. When requesting for the PC to restart, if often idles, and won't restart. When playing music through Windows Media Player (for example), the music sometimes jumps/stutters when attempting to open Firefox, or other program. My PC is behaving in a very non-smooth way. Can anyone assist ?

I hope that the attached document will provide sufficient specs, relating to my PC.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 11:25:14 AM by WesleyR »

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer very slow, and often not responding.
    « Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 05:33:31 PM »
    Bring up task manager and look and see if something is pulling unusual resources.

Have you run a virus scan or malwarebytes scan to make sure your not infected with anything?

Have you checked your CPU temp and GPU temperatures?

Have you checked your hard drive with crystaldiskinfo to make sure the drive passed S.M.A.R.T no warnings or cautions?

Does windows event logs warn of any issues?

WesleyR

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Computer very slow, and often not responding.
      « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 07:41:59 AM »
      Hello. Yes I did a Malwarebytes scan, and removed 4 threats found....however the issue seemed to continue. Also, please see the attachment for CrystalDisk results. I'm not too sure how to perform the other checks that you asked about. Sorry...

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]