Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Let your dentistr implant an ID chip in your body?  (Read 1966 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Let your dentistr implant an ID chip in your body?
« on: July 15, 2017, 11:01:37 PM »
Will your dentist implant an ID chip in you?
Now the technology is not hust here, it is  being done. Here is a story from a few months back. In was in Aprril. Sounds like a joke. Her is is:
..published in dailymail.com April 2017 |r.
150 employees at Swedish startup get micro-chipped
The syringe slides in between the thumb and index finger.
Then, with a click, a microchip is injected in the employee's hand. Another 'cyborg' is created.
What could pass for a dystopian vision of the workplace is almost routine at the Swedish startup hub Epicenter.

Next, please...  :P

Go ahead, ask me about he dentist.

DaveLembke

Sage
Re: Let your dentistr implant an ID chip in your body?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 01:37:24 AM »
Back when I was a kid I remember hearing of this done, ((but similar but different way)). This is from back in 1985. They call it a chip, but its micro film really.

http://people.com/archive/a-dentist-and-a-detective-chip-in-to-develop-a-micro-tooth-i-d-vol-23-no-23/

Today I suppose they could hide it better embedded within the tooth and use RFID vs a film strip of up to 1000 characters of the past. But if the teeth are destroyed or removed etc it wont help much. DNA is pretty much the best method for identity.

A Dentist and a Detective Chip in to Develop a Micro Tooth I.d.

By People Staff

Posted on June 10, 1985

Dentist Jeffrey Maxwell, 35, and Detective Jim Conover, 34, have devised a different kind of “chipped” tooth. Their innovation, a 2.5 millimeter plastic disc, bonded to any back molar, can contain 1,000 characters that may be read with an ordinary 15-20 power magnifying glass. The Micro I.D. can carry the owner’s name, address and phone number, next of kin and medical data about organ donations, allergies and prescriptions. Maxwell and Con-over, both of Pekin, Ill., hope that their disc will revolutionize the field of forensic identification, filling the present gap in identifying missing children, emergency room patients and disaster victims.

Desperation was their motivation. Conover, a Pekin police detective for 11 years, has come across the remains of many child victims who are never identified. Maxwell, a forensic dental consultant, has often been stumped by the fact that “dentistry has improved so much that many children no longer require tooth restorations. So their dental charts are often identical to each other, and one of every two people never goes to a dentist.”

The secret behind the I.D. chip, Maxwell says, is “the new plastics that have come out of NASA research that make it possible to rebuild the teeth.” (The bonding agent was developed by NASA to attach tiles to the space shuttle.) The tooth I.D., which has been affixed to more than 5,000 patients in all 50 states, has the support of the American Dental Association, which editorialized, “Everybody wins.”

Adds Maxwell, “The main reason I did this is because I’m a father. My son at age 5 looks nothing like he did at age 2. Had he disappeared then, there’s no way he could have been identified.”

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
Re: Let your dentistr implant an ID chip in your body?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 04:33:58 AM »
Nice catch. The use of Rfid chips is much more widespread that I thought. A study wazs made tagt led to the conclusion that many Americans already have some kind of chip embeded whether the know it or not.

So many dentisits do it. Now this is not the kind of thing where you can track somebody down the street. Rather, a device taht cn be detected at a very close range only. A probe has to be very close to the chip. It is on the order of two iinches, about 5 cm

This means that if people want it, we couldget rid of plastice credit cards, never catty case and we don;t have to sigh in to our computers and never use passwords again.

Yes, DNa testing would be better. 

Hey! How about you and I go together and patent a impl;ant chip that will read the DNA of cells in contact with the thing. We could bwe rich!

No, wait... somebody already did that.
Has not been fully developed yet. We are too late.   :P
The groundwork was sstudied back in 2000.
https://academic.oup.com/nar/article/28/16/3011/2383737
Abstract

Wide-scale DNA testing requires the development of small, fast and easy-to-use devices. This article describes the preparation, operation and applications of biosensors and gene chips, which provide fast, sensitive and selective detection of DNA hybridization. Various new strategies for DNA biosensors and gene chips are examined, along with recent trends and future directions. The integration of hybridization detection schemes with the sample preparation process in a ‘Lab-on-a-Chip’ format is also covered. While the use of DNA biosensors and gene chips is at an early stage, such devices are expected to have an enormous effect on future DNA diagnostics.