Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP LaserJet 3330 Driver Installation Problem  (Read 6108 times)

corndale

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    HP LaserJet 3330 Driver Installation Problem
    « on: December 10, 2005, 03:31:17 AM »
    Everytime I boot up in Windows XP Home SP2, I get a Found New Hardware notification for Generic IEEE 1284.4 printing support and HP LaserJet 3300 series PCL 6.  When I attempt to install the requested driver, the following message appears: "The software you are installing for this hardware has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.  Continue Anyway or Finish."  When I click Continue anyway, I am then given the message "The file 'HPBF332E.DLL on HP LaserJet 3300 Series Drivers Disk is needed.  Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK."  The installation defaults to Copy files from F: (my main drive) Windows\inf.  The file is not in that location.  I have both located the file on the original installation disk and downloaded it from the HP driver site.  When I attempt to install the driver, I get the message "Cannot Install this Hardware.  There was a problem installing this hardware Generic IEEE 1284.4 support.  An error occurred during the installation of the device.  Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.  Click Finish to close the Wizard."  In spite of the fact that I then get the message that the printer may not function properly, the printer functions properly from Windows XP.  The printer is connected directly to the PC vis the USB port.  How can I resolve this issue.

I have a P-III 1.2G with 512 MB, and a 80G & 40G HD.

GX1_Man

Re: HP LaserJet 3330 Driver Installation Problem
    « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 04:50:49 AM »
    A lot of HP USB printers have this problem which is all software/installation related. Does the printer function, aside from the messages at most every reboot? Have you completely uninstalled the printer and software and tried again? If you do, you must install the software first, then reboot the machine and then plug in the printer and turn it on.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 04:51:20 AM by GX1_Man »

iNc0g-VergiB

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 08:24:29 AM »
    http://www.flamingo.ro/FTP\HP\Imprimante\LJ%203330\Spanish\Drivers\Win2000\PCL6\hp332Ep6.inf

Download this driver again, just to make sure.
    remove any *.inf files related to HP, uninstall any HP software located on your machine.

When you start windows, make sure the usb cable of the printer is NOT-CONNECTED!, after XP has started, run the Driver Installation which you have downloaded from the link above, when it'll ask u to connect the cable, connect it.
    If it does not ask you, thats ok..  install the driver package, ,after u installed it, reset your pc.
    while booting, connect the USB cable from your printer into the computer.
    When windows will start, it's supposed to recognize the printer and install it automatically since all the drivers has been installed already.

iNc0g-VergiB

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 08:30:17 AM »
    http://Correction

download the driver from here:
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=66367&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=66359&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228
    Select the appropriate one for you, and follow all the instructions I wrote above.
    remember , DO NOT connect he USB to ur computer, only after the driver installation is finished, reset, and then connect, unless, while the driver installation it asks u to connect the cable.
    good luck.