Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: RAM Unused Problem  (Read 4618 times)

Rexerage

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    RAM Unused Problem
    « on: August 12, 2017, 10:15:46 PM »
    I'm so pissed off to be honest, I was gonna play a game of Dynasty warriors 8: Extreme legends for a whole day then this RAM problem got in the way, My original RAM was 1.50 GB, but for some reason.. It became 512 MB (510 MB usable) as it says in the system properties of windows 7 and It is currently so slow to use right now that I almost raged. I kept searching for everything like fixing it on msconfig, refreshing ram with a vba file, uninstalling unimportant stuff, Virtual ram stuff, yet all of this.. nothing works. Anybody got suggestions on why did this happen or how to fix this? Help will be fully appreciated.

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: RAM Unused Problem
    « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 06:49:47 AM »
    could it be as simple as one, or more, of your RAM sticks have gone bad or just making a poor connection with the mobo slot?

pull out all your chips, brush the circuitry with a suitable soft bristled brush, give the contacts of the chips a wipe over and before reseating those modules, brush the mobo slots as well.

what does that do?

Salmon Trout

Re: RAM Unused Problem
    « Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 01:47:17 PM »
    pull out all your chips

If it's a desktop,

Remove and replace RAM modules (and anything else on the motherboard) with the power OFF and the power lead disconnected.

If it's a laptop, think about a visit to a repair shop.