Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my pc is underpefroming  (Read 2070 times)

biggieslong

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    my pc is underpefroming
    « on: August 16, 2017, 09:08:56 AM »
    Hi guys,

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place but I've had this problem for a while now. When I first got my MSI ge72 apache I had no problems with it. I capped League Of Legends on 120fps while I could play another game in the background, use discord and listen to music with no problems. For quite a while now it hasn't been perfoming anywhere near that. I barely get 60fps on League and have to make sure everything else is turned off. If I try to listen to music while playing the music cracks. I can't play games like pubg without the screen freezing for a second when I switch weapons or am in the redzone for example (this is with all graphics turned down). I feel like this shouldn't be a problem with a pc this expensive definetly since it worked way better at first. I've checked and I'm on best performance for every game and I'm not on battery saver.

Yesterday I checked my perfomance and task manager while playing League and using discord.
    Performance:
    cpu: 13%
    dgpu: 0%
    memory: 70%
    battery: 93%
    disk: 0%

in task manager League was the only thing noteworthy with 5% cou and 960mb memory. the temperatures of my dgpu and cpu were 60 and 72 degrees celcius respectively.

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: my pc is underpefroming
    « Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:09:56 PM »
    what sort of maintenance have you performed?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 09:02:41 AM »
    Is this laptop running Windows 10?

Microsoft has been making a mess of peoples systems with driver replacements for Windows 10, and I can see what you have for symptoms being related to a wrong driver for the GPU possibly.

Go to nvidia website and download and install latest driver for this.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 09:22:31 AM »
    Actually Dave with laptops it's best to use the laptop manuf. GPU drivers...not nVidia's...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "