Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Tablet Default ASIAN Language - any way to Default to English on factory reset?  (Read 1801 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
My younger brother upgraded to a newer tablet and gave me his older one a BungBungame (MI100) 10.1" Tablet PC - 1.3GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3, 1GB DDR2 Memory, 16GB. He had tons of games on it and his personal info on it and so I decided to do a factory reset on it to wipe everything and make it like new.

Upon factory reset everything comes up in some sort of Asian language not sure which one. I was able to get English language by getting to settings and then opening the settings on my smart phone to look at that side by side this tablet to know where Language was to select that and then tap and scroll down for english.

Was wondering if anyone knows of a way to change the default to english upon factory reset, or i I would need to flash this device to blow away the 4.1.1 Android that is on it with a specifically english version of it to get the english default?

I've never flashed an android device before and so its all new to me. 

Here is the device that he bought if more info needed. I think he bought it from Newegg as well. he told me that ever since he bought it it has defaulted to some asian language when wiping it back to factory so it might have been intended for sale in asia and made its way to the USA or something. He bought it as a gaming tablet because it has the nvidia GPU.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0EJ-000W-00001R