Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Asus UX305CA lagging  (Read 3945 times)

Alton Rummage

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Asus UX305CA lagging
    « on: September 21, 2017, 06:30:57 AM »
    Hello everyone. Not sure if it's on the right board, as I don't know if my problem is caused by the system or the hardware.

Less than a week ago I got a new notebook - Asus Zenbook UX305CA. Here are its specs:
    Intel Core m3-6Y30
    Windows 10 Home
    8GB RAM
    256GB SSD
    1920x1080 resolution
    Intel HD Graphics 515

Windows 10 was preinstalled, and all I had to do was configuring preferences and stuff like that. Pretty soon I've noticed that sometimes a small delay occurs when typing, scrolling or switching between programs. Most of the time it works fine, but when it lags (1/4 of the time?) it's a bit frustrating. Sometimes it gets to a level, where I have to wait for few words to appear on the screen at the same time after I wrote them, and sometimes music in the background interrupts with a cracking noise for a tiny moment in the background. When I was downloading some games to test this laptop's "gaming" capabilities, and League of Legends was patching, using Firefox became almost impossible due to few seconds delay on everything I did.

I've read that the M3-6Y30 processor is slower than its rivals, but I didn't expected it to be that bad, and I hope that it's somehow solvable. I usually just surf the web with Youtube/Spotify music playing in the background and a notetaking app (Evernote) open. It doesn't seem like any background processes are causing this, just some system stuff. I tried to turn off as much unnecessary things as possible, including Cortana and data-sending W10 options, checked if drivers and system are up to date, taken care to not install any app that could cause this, switched from "balanced" to "high performance" power plan. Still no improvement.

Wondering if I should send it back on warranty, or whether I can somehow solve it. Or whether it's something normal with this hardware setup. Would be very grateful for help.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Asus UX305CA lagging
    « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 07:34:02 AM »
    I would exercise your warranty rights on this one and get a replacement. It doesnt sound right. I looked up your processor since I wasn't familiar with it. I was thinking it was under powered , but its actually not that bad 900Mhz with a 2.2Ghz turbo mode and 3051 score.  https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+m3-6Y30+%40+0.90GHz

One test I would suggest before the warranty replacement is try this with it plugged in and powered off of your outlet and see if the problem goes away. While you did try for better performance in the power plan, some laptops/netbooks underclock slightly when on battery and are more green when on battery but they run harder when they are powered off an outlet through their power supplies. My Core i5 laptop does this which is annoying but it is what it is. If this is a solution then it means that you will just need to be on wall power to avoid lag or return the computer and get one that might not have this issue with a reduced clock when on battery power.