Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange Wi-Fi activity causing internet problems  (Read 2429 times)

crabs under

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Strange Wi-Fi activity causing internet problems
    « on: September 11, 2017, 10:08:35 AM »
    So noticed internet degrading recently and decided to start investigating. Called ISP, No problems. Started doing network diagnostics on my dual band router and noticed regular latency to the internet so started running pings directly to the gateway and sure enough ping times go from 2-5ms for about 6 pings then spike anywhere from 50ms to 150 ms for a few pings. DIRECTLY to the gateway. So decided must be the 2.4Ghz spectrum throwing interference switch to the 5Ghz spectrum. same problem. Think maybe traffic dumping so disconnect modem and connect directly to router to run pings only to router. Same thing. So i went and bought a new router/modem combo cause obviously the old equipment is messed up!!!! NOPE!!!! same exact problem with new router. So i ran a spectrum analysis and it did look dirty tried a few different channels on the 2.4Ghz spectrum and the 5Ghz spectrum nothing worked on either. I AM COMPLETELY STUMPED. mainly because of how consistent the drops happen. I ve even tried moving one of the routers literally into my lap to do network diagnostics and still same thing. SOMEONE HELPPPPP!!!!