Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 10 is sucking me one by one...  (Read 9415 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Windows 10 is sucking me one by one...
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 01:02:24 PM »
The services disabled are largely harmless to have disabled, but I'd expect it can cause odd behaviour when trying to follow Microsoft troubleshooting guides that assume otherwise. The "DriverPack" they installed almost certainly installed malware and adware which is of much greater import security-wise than any of the services that were disabled.

llJoyn does many things, and powers complex security models priortizing application-to-application communication between components MAC IDs, Components, and security devices.
AllJoyn  doesn't do any of those things. It doesn't enable any particular security options. It's an open source "project" for use in a "Smart home" type scenario which is probably why it was advised to be disabled.

No Application Layer Gateway Service = No Firewall or AVS utilizing progressive AI heuristics to locate suspicious single layer or layered malware and buffer over-runs, and general scanning. No Gateway = you will have the worst viruses, dDOS; DOS, and Worms hiding in targeted buffer and stack overrun memory areas, executing and spreading, destroying your PC and perpetually replicating while your AVS cannot locate it, but may know something is wrong, and your whole PC will act as if it has had too many concussions.

The Application Layer Gateway Service is Windows Firewall. In earlier versions it was called "Windows Firewall and Internet Connection Sharing" as I recall. It doesn't have any of those features, however, nor is it being disabled a precursor to a local 2012 style apocalypse as you've described. It is largely redundant when using any sort of NAT (Router, etc.). I haven't used it (or any alternative software firewall, as I think the concept itself is flawed) pretty much since ever, and my PC(s) have never appeared to have "too many concussions".

"Certificate Propagation" deals with Smart Card Readers. Disabling it doesn't allow any sort of certificate copying, and It's not really related to certificates related to signed executables.

Since Boot Sector malware isn't really so much of a thing anymore, malware is simply part of everyday files and executables, so a phrase like "Malicious Sectors" is like saying that Hitler's chairs were evil because he sat on them.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 01:11:12 PM »
RedKpălărie  you are now on a short leash...

Thats total nonsense and not related .
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

RedKpălărie

Rookie

• Experience: Expert
    « Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 03:58:33 PM »
    I am curious as to where you get your information. I think there may be a confusin in terms used, such as a cellular in biology is not equal to cellular in terms of a mobile phone.  A cell phone was termed "Cell" due to dividing up service areas into "cells". AllJoyn utilizes the terms cell in terms of memory cells, structure cells, CPU cells, distribution cells ...... In a the case where mobility is used as a property of a cell phone in name has no relation to AllJoyn. AllJoyn is a framework for communication between devices and apps running across platforms in the IoT. With so many devices now in the Iot, a software system for distributed applications running across hundreds of different device classes with an emphasis on mobility, security, and dynamic configuration, recognition, communication, compatibility, continuity and uniformity, in every aspect. That does not mention fire alarms, keyless entry, and then the enormous scope of Electronic device components as parts ans as a whole, and how the communicate, and perform.  AllJoyn system handles the hard problems inherent in extraordinarily diverse distributed systems and addresses the unique issues that arise when mobility ( not mobile phones but operation of devices over space, access points, platforms, function, design, programming ... and so many more variables must be on the same page,  enters the equation. This leaves application developers free to concentrate on the core problems of the application they are building.  AllJoyn may not be so much of a problem on stand alone systems, but when 2 devices need to communicate, disabling AllJoyn takes away the common communication structure that keeps every module ion the same page. IF a server is communicating with a home network, and it is pinging it over and over, in about 300 pings and bad packets or errors, encrypted info can be exposed. The AllJoyn framework provides an abstraction layer that defines clean interfaces to the underlying network stacks and makes it relatively easy for a competent software engineer to add new networking implementations. The AllJoyn framework is designed to provide extensive support for complex security models and was originally designed for OS systems and networks, with an emphasis on application-to-application communication. It is not limited to the uses in the post i am replying to.

I provided this link which is an authoritative post supporting what I have stated. AllJoyn. The other information can be located by reading .NET programming, C+, C++, Rasberry PI, and the current Anti Virus and Cyber Security Documentation

https://allseenalliance.org/framework/documentation/learn/core/standard-core

IF your unclear on this and would like clarification, I would be glad to facilitate a communication with a professor in Computer Forensics at a major State University with over 80,000 students.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 04:03:28 PM »
    The leash just got shorter...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 06:23:47 PM »
    The leash just got shorter...

Oh to be a teenager again, huh?
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2017, 12:12:11 AM »
    IF your unclear on this
    Ask the professor to tell you the difference between 'your' and 'you're'.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #21 on: September 24, 2017, 04:26:44 AM »
    Okay guys, let's all get back to business. Any further posts in this thread should be aimed at helping the OP. Period.